srijeda, 22. rujna 2021.

This Is My Idea of a Dream Pasta

It's the simplest recipe, but it's magic when it's done right.
 ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌  ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌  ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌  ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌  ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌  ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌  ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌  ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ 
The Spruce Daily
Today On The Spruce
This Is My Idea of a Dream Pasta
This Is My Idea of a Dream Pasta
READ MORE
Ariel Knutson,
Associate Editorial Director
Quick: what does "celebration food" look like for you?
 
Do you dream of chocolate cake? Or luxurious bowls of pasta? Or homemade dumplings? There's no such thing as a "wrong answer" here.
 
For me, September kicks off what is essentially two months of celebrations. It's my partner's birthday, our anniversary, my dad's birthday, a few friends' birthdays, and then my birthday in October. And after what has been (*checks notes*) a bajillion months of pandemic, I'm looking for reasons to create pockets of joy wherever I can find them. Obviously food needs to take center stage.
 
For a nice dinner, my go-to dish is always going to be cacio e pepe. It's the simplest recipe—all you need is spaghetti (or bucatini), Pecorino Romano, and black pepper—but it's magic when it's done right. The key is to source the best ingredients you can find. I'm also newly obsessed with clams, which is something I never thought I'd say (it turns out I'd just never had them done right until recently). So I have my eye on this spicy white wine number for my next celebratory meal.
 
Any celebratory gathering calls for a dessert situation. I'll take anything, really. Give me all the brownies, cookies, cakes, and pies. In my dream celebration there is a dessert board with one of each type of dessert (can you tell I have a sweet tooth?).
 
Whether or not you have any birthdays or anniversaries coming up, I hope you find an excuse to celebrate something this month. It could be something small, like the fact that it's now officially fall or that you made it to Friday or that you left your home once this week. Whatever your reason: make room for good food.
 
Other things I'm thinking about right now: Latinx Heritage Month started last week, and we kicked things off with this great guide to the Colombian pantry by Mariana Zapata. I also desperately want a butter tattoo after watching Lauryn Bodden in this video all about apple pie. And I'm definitely making this for dinner soon.
Today On The Spruce
What to Make This Week
Spicy White Wine Steamed Clams
White Wine Steamed Clams
White wine, tomato pasta, garlic, and red pepper flakes = spectacular
Read On
15-Minute Cacio e Pepe Pasta
This is what I mean when I say simplicity at its best.
Read On
Classic and Easy Chocolate Cake
Easy Chocolate Cake
This chocolate cake will quickly become your go-to for celebrations.
Read On
A Classic Vodka Martini Recipe
Shake up your Wednesday with a drink. (I'm a vodka girl, but you do you).
Read On
Today On The Spruce
The Spruce Eats on YouTube
Whats In Beryl Shereshewskys NYC Fridge?!
What's In Beryl Shereshewsky's NYC Fridge?!
Watch & Learn
Spruce Eats Banner
Today On The Spruce

Did somebody forward you this email? Sign Up for The Spruce Eats Newsletter!

Have feedback? Send us an email at contact@thespruceeats.com, subject line: Newsletter Feedback.
The Spruce
Follow us:  
You are receiving this newsletter because you subscribed to The Spruce Eats newsletter. Unsubscribe
© 2021 Dotdash.com — All rights reserved. Privacy Policy.
A DOTDASH BRAND 28 Liberty Street, 7th Floor, New York, NY, 10005

Nema komentara:

Objavi komentar