utorak, 1. veljače 2011.

About Bipolar Disorder: Readers' Spotlight

If you can't see this email, click here

About.com

Bipolar Disorder

Symptoms / Diagnosis

Treatment

Coping and Support



From Marcia Purse, your Guide to Bipolar Disorder
Your stories show that the paths to getting a correct diagnosis of bipolar disorder are as varied as the people who get diagnosed. And the stories you tell about having been bullied as children are often sad, sometimes inspiring, and occasionally infuriating. This week the spotlight is on you, my readers.

Outrageous Behavior by a Teacher
"I was a kind, considerate, and gentle young boy that took several beatings and mental abuse," says Chris. "That caused me to want to protect myself and so I started by building a protective shell around myself so that I could survive at school." Chris's story is a cautionary tale for parents, and I've added information on how you can help your bipolar child in school at the end.
See More About:  bullying  ieps  bipolar children and school

My Mother's Question - And My Answer
Here's KathKennedy's tale of a caring mother who asked her daughter the right question at the right time. I got a smile reading her "additional thought" at the end.

My Husband's Diagnosis Led to Mine!
Maria Ramona says, "I can still remember specific days where I could tell you that things were just not right. There were days where I felt catatonic. Days of extreme irritability, so bad I would get mad at people even if they just looked at me. Doctors told me it was PMS." Good thing she kept looking for a better answer!
See More About:  diagnosing bipolar disorder 

Delusional About Colors
"I thought there was gonna be a major battle in the spiritual realm anytime soon," says Juan. "I was very disorganised, studied for the wrong exams. Had all these wonderful and creative ideas and was very talkative. I was also very irritated. Landed up in hospital but all they could pick up then was that I was depressed and sadly it stopped at that."

 


Bipolar Disorder Ads
Featured Articles
Xanax
Seroquel
Wellbutrin
Paxil
About Bipolar Disorder on Facebook
Follow on Twitter

 

More from About.com

Over the Counter Cold Medications
How to choose the right medication for your cold and flu symptoms. More>



Should Kids Get Flu Shots?
Think your child is too healthy to need a flu shot? Think again. More>




This newsletter is written by:
Marcia Purse
Bipolar Disorder Guide
Email Me | My Blog | My Forum
 
Sign up for more free newsletters on your favorite topics
You are receiving this newsletter because you subscribed to the About Bipolar Disorder newsletter. If you wish to change your email address or unsubscribe, please click here.

About respects your privacy: Our Privacy Policy

Contact Information:
249 West 17th Street
New York, NY, 10011

© 2011 About.com
 


What We're Talking About
Worried - losing touch with reality?
Do you get triggered by boredom?
Melancholy Melody

Advertisement

Nema komentara:

Objavi komentar