ponedjeljak, 4. srpnja 2011.

About Exercise: Avoiding Summer Weight Gain

If you can't see this email, click here

About.com

Exercise

Lose Weight With Exercise

Workouts

Exercises By Muscle Group



From Paige Waehner, your Guide to Exercise

We often think of the winter holidays as a time of weight gain, but summer has its own pitfalls - Weddings, picnics and barbecues, most of which involve and beer, beer and beer. (*Burp*)

There's no shortage of high-calorie foods to indulge in, but it's often the alcohol that adds the most empty calories (and, "The most fun!" one of my clients noted). It is possible to enjoy your beer without gaining weight, but I'm afraid it involves exercise. Doesn't it always?

Happy 4th of July, everyone!


Avoiding Summer Weight Gain
At a recent block party, I heard one woman say to her husband, "Is that...do you think that's an entire pig there on that buffet table?" His response: ... Read more

What's the most ridiculous thing you've done to lose weight?
When I was younger, I did a variety of ridiculous things to lose weight. Once, I decided to simply stop eating breakfast and lunch. I made it about... Read more

Exercises of the Week: Things You Can Do in the Pool
There's nothing better than lounging by the pool on a hot summer day, a cold cocktail in hand as one contemplates the delicious laziness of summer. Lazy pool days are good... Read more

Vote: How did you grow up?
When I was a kid on summer break, the first thing my mom would say to me after I woke up was: "Get out." I would then get on my bike and ride around the neighborhood, meeting friends...Read more

 


Exercise Ads
Featured Articles
High Energy Cardio Moves
8 Ways to Reduce Belly Fat
Become a Personal Trainer
Best Insect Repellant for Kids
Safe Home Fireworks
How Weight Training Prevents Lifestyle Diseases

 

More from About.com

Living with Depression
From the little things (managing household chores), to the more challenging (learning to forgive) these eight tips can help you manage depression. More>



Symptoms of Depression
Concerned that you or someone you love may be depressed? Learn more about the symptoms of this condition, including some you might not expect. More>




This newsletter is written by:
Paige Waehner
Exercise Guide
Email Me | My Blog | My Forum
 
Sign up for more free newsletters on your favorite topics
You are receiving this newsletter because you subscribed to the About Exercise newsletter. If you wish to change your email address or unsubscribe, please click here.

About respects your privacy: Our Privacy Policy

Contact Information:
249 West 17th Street
New York, NY, 10011

© 2010 About.com
 


Must Reads
Exercise Basics
Exercise for Beginners
Exercise for Weight Loss
Weight Loss Success Stories
Exercise Gear

Advertisement

Nema komentara:

Objavi komentar