utorak, 20. prosinca 2011.

About Bipolar Disorder: I've Been Honored

If you can't see this email, click here

About.com

Bipolar Disorder

Symptoms / Diagnosis

Treatment

Coping and Support



From Marcia Purse, your Guide to Bipolar Disorder
ShareCare Top 10I'm thrilled to have received this badge of honor - read about it below!

I've Been Honored
I'm honored to have been chosen by ShareCare as one of the Top 10 Online Influencers in the field of depression. The ten of us are all people who work to educate, inform and most of all, help people who live with depression and bipolar disorder. It's an awesome group of people I'm very proud to be one of!

My About.com Colleague Also in the Top Ten
Nancy Schimelpfenig, the About.com Guide to Depression, is also among the Top 10 selected by ShareCare. Nancy and I have been colleagues at About.com since 1998, the year I began working on the About Bipolar Disorder website. My congratulations to Nancy! And here's a sample of her work:
Depression Test

You Are Not Wired Like Me
Can't you see / that you are not wired like me? / You will never know / the terror that I face / the horror I feel / the ugliness / YOU say is not there. ... I am below you / I am wrong, / takes these pills / it will be all gone. / WRONG! ... In this poem, MyWarrior3 explores the dark side of her bipolar disorder, the difficulty of controlling it, and the stereotypical reactions of others who do not understand what she is going through.

My Bipolar Journal: Hot, Hot, Hot!
In this chapter of my journal, it's 19 weeks after diagnosis and I'm still struggling terribly with side effects. While others are in fall jackets and sweaters, I'm running around in a t-shirt - and still hot and sweating!

 


Bipolar Disorder Ads
Featured Articles
Diagnosis & Symptoms
Children & Teens
Medications
Glossary of Bipolar Disorder Terms
About Bipolar Disorder on Facebook
Follow on Twitter

 

More from About.com

Living with Depression
By obtaining the correct medical intervention and learning better coping skills, you can not only live with depression, but live well. More>



9 Symptoms of Depression
If you have experienced five or more of these symptoms within the same two week period, this could be indicative of an episode of depression. More>




This newsletter is written by:
Marcia Purse
Bipolar Disorder Guide
Email Me | My Blog | My Forum
 
Sign up for more free newsletters on your favorite topics
You are receiving this newsletter because you subscribed to the About Bipolar Disorder newsletter. If you wish to change your email address or unsubscribe, please click here.

About respects your privacy: Our Privacy Policy

Contact Information:
249 West 17th Street
New York, NY, 10011

© 2011 About.com
 


Must Reads
What Is Bipolar Disorder?
Symptoms of Bipolar Disorder
Diagnosis of Bipolar Disorder
Treatment of Bipolar Disorder
Our Community for Bipolar Disorder

Advertisement

Nema komentara:

Objavi komentar