srijeda, 28. prosinca 2011.

About Sexuality: Looking Back on Sex in 2011

If you can't see this email, click here

About.com

Sexuality

Sex Tips

Sex Talk

Sex Toys



From Cory Silverberg, your Guide to Sexuality
Every year around this time I say to myself that I should write something about the top sexual news stories of 2011. I've avoided it so far in part because I'm not a journalist and don't think I'm really qualified to be deciding what's news and what isn't for anyone other than myself. I think I also avoid it because most of the time that story is presented as a sort of tidy wrap up to the year that was. I find myself at the end of each year more interested in what's left and what's missing. Which is why I spend most of my time compiling a list of sexual losses, those people who died in 2011 who worked around sexuality or gender. I feel like those year end lists (one of which you'll find below) are meant to tell us something about ourselves, or about the year some of us survived. And I never know quite what that is. I'm not completely immune though, and below you'll find the one year end list I have compiled since I started as the About.com Guide to Sexuality. Wherever you are on December 31st and however you may be marking the transition to 2012 I hope you are safe and with someone you love who loves you back. ~ Cory

Sexual Losses 2011
Taking a moment to remember the workers, writers, academics, and icons that we lost in 2011.
See More About:  sexual obituaries  sexology  sex activism

Top Ten Sex Questions 2011
It's a completely unscientific exercise but this time of year I like to look back and see which sex questions seemed to stick most with readers. It's a skewed sample, but for what it's worth here are the most popular sex questions of 2011, follow the links to get the most popular answers.
See More About:  sex questions 

Writing Your Sexual Story
When poet and philosopher George Santayana wrote that "those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it" he probably wasn't thinking about sex. But I'd argue that it applies to our sex lives as much as anything, and while it might be uncomfortable or painful to look back, it's hard to know how much past events are controlling you without thinking about them at least a little.
See More About:  sex tips  sex interviews  sex education



 


Sexuality Ads
Featured Articles
Follow Me on Twitter!
Quickies: Sex Tips for the Rest of Us
Sex Lies
What's in a Number? Sex Statistics
9 Weeks to Better Sex
Sexuality E-Course: Weekly Sex Position

 

More from About.com

Living with Depression
By obtaining the correct medical intervention and learning better coping skills, you can not only live with depression, but live well. More>



9 Symptoms of Depression
If you have experienced five or more of these symptoms within the same two week period, this could be indicative of an episode of depression. More>




This newsletter is written by:
Cory Silverberg
Sexuality Guide
Email Me | My Blog | My Forum
 
Sign up for more free newsletters on your favorite topics
You are receiving this newsletter because you subscribed to the About Sexuality newsletter. If you wish to change your email address or unsubscribe, please click here.

About respects your privacy: Our Privacy Policy

Contact Information:
249 West 17th Street
New York, NY, 10011

© 2011 About.com
 


Must Reads
What Is Sex?
Sex How Tos
All About Orgasms
Sex Toys 101
Sex Positions Pictures

Advertisement

Nema komentara:

Objavi komentar