nedjelja, 27. prosinca 2020.

2020 Tested Our Mental Strength

From the Editors: Lessons Learned in 2020
 ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌  ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌  ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌  ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌  ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌  ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌  ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌  ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ 
 
From the Editors: Lessons Learned in 2020
2020 hasn't been an easy year for anyone. The Verywell Family, Fit, and Mind editors look back to reflect on their biggest challenges of the year and anticipate what's to come in 2021.
Amy Morin, Verywell Mind Editor-in-Chief
This year taught me a lot but one major thing was not to take time with friends and family for granted. I live on a sailboat in the Florida Keys. But I'm from Maine originally and that's where most of my friends and family still live.
 
Usually, I visit my loved ones for a few months during the summer. This year, we weren't able to do that. And while it was great to stay on a boat during quarantine, I missed seeing my friends and family a lot.
 
This year also reminded me about the importance of my environment. My sailboat doubles as my podcast studio so there isn't a ton of extra space. But, fortunately, I could go outside and enjoy nature. Looking at the ocean and all the sea creatures that visit is so much fun.
 
Of course, there were some challenges to being on the boat so much. Windy days can make it hard to work (it gets loud when we're recording podcast episodes). And during hurricane season, there are always a lot of storms that are a near-miss. We had to evacuate once but fortunately the storm didn't hit us.
 
Moving forward, I am sure I will appreciate time with them more than ever. This year has been a great reminder of how precious time is and how important it is to enjoy every minute of life.
 
Despite the difficulties of the year, it also served as a good reminder of how fortunate I am in so many ways. I'll make sure to stay committed to managing my health--both physical and mental--and I can't wait to get back to seeing friends and family again.
 
I talk a lot about mental strength and this year, our mental strength was certainly tested. I'm hopeful that we all learned a lot more about the importance of self-care and caring for our mental health.
verywell fit
You are receiving this newsletter because you subscribed to the Healthy Eating newsletter. If you wish to unsubscribe, please click here.
A DOTDASH BRAND 1500 Broadway, 6th Floor, New York, NY, 10036
© 2020 Verywellhealth.com - All rights reserved. Privacy Policy

Nema komentara:

Objavi komentar