srijeda, 15. veljače 2012.

About Breast Cancer: Bone Health and Hormonal Therapy

If you can't see this email, click here

About.com

Breast Cancer

Symptoms / Diagnosis

Treatment

Daily Life



From Pam Stephan, your Guide to Breast Cancer
During chemo, I felt pretty fragile and creaky. Then I went on hormonal drugs and entered "chemo-pause" which made me act like Creaky, Grumpy, Weepy, and some of the other Seven Dwarfs!

Aromasin Makes Post-Treatment Trouble For Survivors
How's this for timing? Last week I went for my bone density scan and got diagnosed with osteoporosis. This week, I read that taking Aromasin (which I did, for 3 years) causes bone thinning. That makes it even more important to keep up on annual screenings and bone meds.

Has Aromasin given you any trouble? Let me know by leaving a comment here.


Having a Bone Density Scan
I actually enjoy this kind of screening. I get to lie down, have my feet propped up, and snooze in a dimly-lit room while a machine takes pictures - without compressing any of my tender parts. What I don't enjoy is getting the diagnosis - but it is better to know, so my doctor can get me the right treatment.

Estrogen, Bone Loss, and Chemotherapy
Estrogen is good for your bones, but it can fuel breast cancer, too. That's why many chemo drugs make your hormone levels plummet. Fortunately you can do something about this - during and after treatment!
See More About:  estrogen  bone density scan  chemotherapy

Staying Healthy Following Breast Cancer Treatment
It takes some work and lots of patience to get back in your groove, once your treatments are over. Rev up your recovery with a super-healthy diet, add some exercise, and don't expect to feel "normal" right away.

 


Breast Cancer Ads
Featured Articles
Newly Diagnosed - What You Need to Know Before Starting Treatment
Is It Breast Cancer? - Diagnosis, Tests, Results
Treatment Options for Breast Cancer
Support and Resources - During and After Treatment
Life During Treatment - Self Care, Side Effects, Reconstruction
Life After Treatment, Recovery, Hair and Skin Care, Changes

 

More from About.com

Top 10 Skin Myths
How do you know the information and advice you get about your skin is true? Start with this article, which debunks some of the the most persistent myths out there. More>



Learn a New Hobby
Are you thinking about taking up a new hobby? From chess to painting to birdwatching, this comprehensive list provides a wide variety of options, to suit all sorts of interests. More>




This newsletter is written by:
Pam Stephan
Breast Cancer Guide
Email Me | My Blog | My Forum
 
Sign up for more free newsletters on your favorite topics
You are receiving this newsletter because you subscribed to the About Breast Cancer newsletter. If you wish to change your email address or unsubscribe, please click here.

About respects your privacy: Our Privacy Policy

Contact Information:
249 West 17th Street
New York, NY, 10011

© 2012 About.com
 


Must Reads
What is Breast Cancer?
Symptoms of Breast Cancer
Diagnosis of Breast Cancer
Treatments for Breast Cancer
Preventing Breast Cancer
 
Follow me on:
Facebook Twitter

Advertisement

Nema komentara:

Objavi komentar