utorak, 14. veljače 2012.

About Yoga: Yoga Love

If you can't see this email, click here

About.com

Yoga

Yoga Styles

Beginners

Poses & Workouts



From Ann Pizer, your Guide to Yoga
When I first started doing yoga, I never expected to get as wrapped up in it as I did. I ran out of my office (much to my boss's chagrin) promptly at 6:01 on the days I took classes after work. I began to turn down social engagements rather than miss class. In short, I was hooked. I hope you will find this happens to you too, and if it does, here are some ways to share the love.

Become a Yoga Teacher
Teaching yoga is most definitely a labor of love. If you've been wondering how one becomes a yoga teacher, all your info is right here. For inspiration, plus realistic views about making a living as a yoga teacher, be sure to check out the personal stories of teachers who gave up their days jobs.
See More About:  yoga career  advanced yoga  yoga teachers

Yoga for the Whole Family
Who better to share what you love than the people you love? Here is info on yoga for kids and babies, partners and grandmas.
See More About:  kids yoga  family yoga  pregnancy exercise

What's Your Favorite Yoga Pose?
I hear that when we all get enlightened, we'll be able to experience each asana in the same cool, detached way. Doing a handstand will be exactly the same as sitting in half lotus. But until that day comes, it's only natural to have a favorite yoga pose, that one that just gets what needs to be worked in exactly the right way. Share your favorite pose here- you can even include a picture!
See More About:  share your story 

Pose of the Week - Side Crow - Parsva Bakasana
I've always liked doing the basic version of side crow where you are resting your body weight on both arms, but I've never quite been able to nail the alignment of the more advanced version where all your weight is on one arm. It had been a long time since I had tried it though, so when it came up in one of my classes last week, I went ahead and gave it a whirl. I was completely surprised when all of a sudden it made complete sense to my body and came together almost effortlessly. I just love that even after a decade of this practice, there is still ample room for growth and exploration. Yoga, you never get boring.

See More About:  arm balances  advanced poses 

 


Yoga Ads
Featured Articles
An Index of Yoga Poses
Yoga Styles
Yoga Audio, Books, and Videos
Yoga Equipment and Clothing
Yoga and Your Health
Home Practice

 

More from About.com

Top 10 Skin Myths
How do you know the information and advice you get about your skin is true? Start with this article, which debunks some of the the most persistent myths out there. More>



Learn a New Hobby
Are you thinking about taking up a new hobby? From chess to painting to birdwatching, this comprehensive list provides a wide variety of options, to suit all sorts of interests. More>




This newsletter is written by:
Ann Pizer
Yoga Guide
Email Me | My Blog | My Forum
 
Sign up for more free newsletters on your favorite topics
You are receiving this newsletter because you subscribed to the About Yoga newsletter. If you wish to change your email address or unsubscribe, please click here.

About respects your privacy: Our Privacy Policy

Contact Information:
249 West 17th Street
New York, NY, 10011

© 2012 About.com
 


Must Reads
What is Yoga?
Yoga for Beginners - How to Start
Yoga and Weight Loss
Find Yoga Poses
Sun Salutation - Step by Step
 
Follow me on:
Facebook Twitter

Advertisement

Nema komentara:

Objavi komentar