ponedjeljak, 10. listopada 2011.

About Exercise: Are You Trying Too Hard?

If you can't see this email, click here

About.com

Exercise

Lose Weight With Exercise

Workouts

Exercises By Muscle Group



From Paige Waehner, your Guide to Exercise

My husband and I have this (rather rude) thing we do when we see an older man or woman dressed like they're teenagers - "TTH!" We proclaim, indicating that this person is Trying Too Hard.

The problem with that (besides the fact that it's rude and childish and all those other things my mother would punish me for doing) is that we forget our own TTH moments. Trying Too Hard is something we all do at one time or another and I see this a lot in some of my clients. They try so hard to do everything "right" that they lose contact with their own bodies, trying to force them into movements or activities they aren't ready for.

That's what I'm talking about this week, with the added promise to stop bagging on other people and focus on my own problems. Well...I can at least try.

But not too hard.


Are You Trying Too Hard?
If you have perfectionist tendencies, there's a good chance those traits come out in every part of your life - Work, home, relationships and, of course, exercise. Being a... Read more

Secret Ways Your Body Burns Calories
Our bodies love to keep secrets from us. For example, say you start losing weight and you're thinking- I really want to get rid of this spare tire around... Read more

Things You Can Do With a Medicine Ball
I've mentioned before that the number one thing my clients like to do with a medicine ball is to throw it at my head when I'm not looking...accidentally of course... Read more

Exercise for Beginners
While most of us know how important cardio exercise is for weight loss, we often get confused when it comes to actually doing it. One of the most common problems I see is doing the same workouts day after day, or what I like to call Repetitive Cardio Syndrome...Read more

 


Exercise Ads
Featured Articles
Step by Step Back Exercises
Dealing With Gym Intimidation
Caffeine and Exercise
Best Fall Walking Gear
Keep Your Kids from Eating Too Much Halloween Candy
7 Great Whole Grains for Athletes

 

More from About.com

Food and Mood
Indulging a sweet tooth can cause weight gain, guilt and even worsen depression. Here are a few expert tips to help you resist. More>



Carb Cravings
Ever wondered why you crave carbs (or chocolate and sugar) when you're depressed? Some scientists say it may be chemical. More>




This newsletter is written by:
Paige Waehner
Exercise Guide
Email Me | My Blog | My Forum
 
Sign up for more free newsletters on your favorite topics
You are receiving this newsletter because you subscribed to the About Exercise newsletter. If you wish to change your email address or unsubscribe, please click here.

About respects your privacy: Our Privacy Policy

Contact Information:
249 West 17th Street
New York, NY, 10011

© 2010 About.com
 


Must Reads
Exercise Basics
Exercise for Beginners
Exercise for Weight Loss
Weight Loss Success Stories
Exercise Gear

Advertisement

Nema komentara:

Objavi komentar