ponedjeljak, 24. listopada 2011.

About Exercise: Best Motivators for Exercise

If you can't see this email, click here

About.com

Exercise

Lose Weight With Exercise

Workouts

Exercises By Muscle Group



From Paige Waehner, your Guide to Exercise
When I asked a client about this week's topic (Best Motivators for Exercise, if you missed it), the conversation went something like this:

Client: "What motivates me to exercise? You, of course!"
Me: (quite pleased) "Oh, I inspire you?"
Client: (looking away) "Um, well, not inspire exactly...I just meant that I know you're going to ask me if I did my workouts and if I say, 'No,' then you'll be all, 'Well, why not,' and I'll have some lame excuse like, 'Well, I had to watch the Bear's game,' and you'll say something practical like, 'Why didn't you workout before the game?' It's easier just to do the workout."
Me: (long pause) "So, I'm like your nagging mother asking if you did your homework?"
Client: "Yeah! Like that!" (seeing my crestfallen expression), "But better. And nicer." (long pause) "Really!" (added lamely)


Best Motivators for Exercise
Motivation. Such a simple word that encompasses more confusion than any other word in the English language. In fact, motivation is the number one request I get from my readers... Read more

Get Ready for Skiing
When it comes to snow skiing, there isn't a small enough bunny slope for me, a fact that becomes clear to me every time I put on a pair of... Read more
See More About:  skiing  ski workouts  winter exercise

Workouts of the Week: Mix and Match
Do you ever have a hard time choosing exercises for your workouts? If so, you're not alone. There are so many things to think about when you set... Read more

Vote: Your best workout
The logistics involved in planning a typical week of workouts are many and varied. Not only do you have to factor in your own obligations, but those of your family, boss, friends and, if you're lucky, your massage therapist...Read more

 


Exercise Ads
Featured Articles
Should I do cardio and strength in the same workout?
Exercising on an Empty Stomach
Total Body Strength for Seniors
The Benefits of Optimism
The Facts About the Master Cleanse Diet
Why We Age

 

More from About.com

Food and Mood
Indulging a sweet tooth can cause weight gain, guilt and even worsen depression. Here are a few expert tips to help you resist. More>



Carb Cravings
Ever wondered why you crave carbs (or chocolate and sugar) when you're depressed? Some scientists say it may be chemical. More>




This newsletter is written by:
Paige Waehner
Exercise Guide
Email Me | My Blog | My Forum
 
Sign up for more free newsletters on your favorite topics
You are receiving this newsletter because you subscribed to the About Exercise newsletter. If you wish to change your email address or unsubscribe, please click here.

About respects your privacy: Our Privacy Policy

Contact Information:
249 West 17th Street
New York, NY, 10011

© 2010 About.com
 


Must Reads
Exercise Basics
Exercise for Beginners
Exercise for Weight Loss
Weight Loss Success Stories
Exercise Gear

Advertisement

Nema komentara:

Objavi komentar