ponedjeljak, 19. travnja 2010.

About Stress Management: Sick and Tired of Stress?

If you can't see this email, click here

About.com

Stress Management

Stress Causes

Stress Effects

Managing Stress



From Elizabeth Scott, M.S., your Guide to Stress Management
Recent research confirms what most of us have instinctively known all along: that stress can lead to fatigue and fatigue can lead to health issues. This is just one of the many ways that stress is linked to overall wellness. Read about the research behind this and find more information on self-care, plus check out some of the wisdom shared by other readers, and share your own. Scroll down for more resources, and have a great week! -Elizabeth

Sick and Tired of Stress?
Sometimes when people are chronically stressed about something, they say they're 'sick and tired' of it--not just stressed by it. That's always seemed like a figurative term, but new research confirms what many have been saying for years: stress--especially chronic stress--can indeed make you 'sick and tired'! (Well, to be exact, stress can make you tired, and then sick, but we'll get to that.) Read more about that research, find resources for staying healthy and stress-free, and share your own tips and experiences.

Readers: How Do You Change Your Perspective?
Reader Kim Bradley says: "When the weather permits I grab my helmet and ride my bike! I let the wind hit my face! I feel free and strong. I feel like I did when I was a teenager (I'm 48). When that doesn't work, I resort to my blue wig and red lipstick and just hang out in the house. I forget I have it on and it really gives me a laugh all day as I walk pass the mirrors...LOL.." How do you get into a better frame of mind? Share your tips here.

The Importance of Self Care for Health and Stress Management
Here are some more reasons why it's important to take care of yourself, and more ways to do that. Get motivated, and try adding one of these strategies to your weekly routine today.

Poll: How Might Stress Be Affecting Your Health?

 


Stress Management Ads
Featured Articles
Top 10 Self Care Strategies
READERS: What's Your Favorite Kind of Social Support?
Free Stress Tests
Letting Go of Stress and Anger
Choose the Right Healthy Habit
Positive Effects of Adult Peer Pressure

 

More from About.com

Disney Trip Planner
Everything you need to plan the perfect Disney vacation -- from when to go and what to do, to saving money and picking a hotel. More >



Join About.com's User Panel!
Share your opinions and help us make About.com more relevant, informative and enjoyable to use. More>




This newsletter is written by:
Elizabeth Scott, M.S.
Stress Management Guide
Email Me | My Blog | My Forum
 
Sign up for more free newsletters on your favorite topics
You are receiving this newsletter because you subscribed to the About Stress Management newsletter. If you wish to change your email address or unsubscribe, please click here.

About respects your privacy: Our Privacy Policy

Contact Information:
249 West 17th Street
New York, NY, 10011

© 2010 About.com
 


More Ways to Get Info on Stress Relief
Join the Facebook Group
Follow Me On Twitter
More Stress Reduction Resources

Advertisement

Nema komentara:

Objavi komentar