ponedjeljak, 26. kolovoza 2013.

About Exercise: How do you talk to your kids about their weight?

If you can't see this email, click here

About

Exercise

Lose Weight With Exercise

Workouts

Exercises By Muscle Group



From Paige Waehner, your Guide to Exercise

As a trainer, I've heard all kinds of people say all kinds of things about their own bodies and most of them are not terribly flattering. Calling one's self 'whale-ish' as one client once did, or referring to one's thighs as resembling 'hail damage' is an amusing, self-deprecating way to put ourselves down, but that kind of talk doesn't just hurt us...it can hurt our kids.

These days, obesity and overweight are problems in lots of homes around the country. I'm wondering, how do we talk to our kids about this without giving them a complex or an eating disorder? Or as one client asked, "How much should I save up for my kids to go into therapy later?"


Do you talk to your kids about their weight?
What experts are saying is that body image problems start at home. Studies have shown that a mother has the most influence on her daughter's body image...Read more
Search Related Topics:  body image  childhood obesity  eating disorders

Exercises of the Week: Moving Plank Series
Of all the exercises I encourage my clients to do, (no, dear clients, not 'force'...'encourage'), planks are not a big hit. The reason? Planks are just... Read more
Search Related Topics:  planks  core exercise  downward dog

How much does jet lag suck and what can you do about it?
If you've ever skipped over several time zones in the course of several hours, you've experienced jet lag or as my husband and I call: "Waves of Death." ... Read more
Search Related Topics:  jet lag  exercise and jet lag  travel exercise

Will your workouts ever be good enough?
As I was struggling through the end of my workout this morning, I heard a little voice in my head. It kept saying things like, "You're going too slow...weren't you going faster at the beginning of this workout?...Read more
Search Related Topics:  good enough  inner critic  criticism

 


Related Searches
Featured Articles
Step by Step: Squats
How to Set Up a Cardio Program
Stay Fit During Back to School Madness
10 Tips for Walking With Your Dog
How Often Should I Weight In?
Running: How to Avoid Overtraining

 

More from About.com

Run Your First 5K
Even couch potatoes can be ready for a 5K with just a couple months of training. Read more...>



Help! I'm Too Busy
Time and stress management tips to help you feel as though you have more time. Read more...>




This newsletter is written by:
Paige Waehner
Exercise Guide
Email Me | My Blog | My Forum
 
Sign up for more free newsletters on your favorite topics
You are receiving this newsletter because you subscribed to the About.com Exercise newsletter. If you wish to change your email address or unsubscribe, please click here.

About.com respects your privacy: Our Privacy Policy

Contact Information:
1500 Broadway, 6th Floor
New York, NY, 10036

© 2013 About.com
 


Must Reads
Exercise Basics
Exercise for Beginners
Exercise for Weight Loss
Weight Loss Success Stories
Exercise Gear
 
Follow me on:
Facebook Twitter

Advertisement

Nema komentara:

Objavi komentar