ponedjeljak, 5. ožujka 2012.

About Low Carb Diets: Should You Avoid Gluten?

If you can't see this email, click here

About.com

Low Carb Diets

Getting Started

Health and Nutrition

Recipes



From Laura Dolson, your Guide to Low Carb Diets
Gluten has been in the news lately, and gluten-free foods are popping up everywhere. (Predictably, food manufacturers are rushing in to fill the need with gluten-free junk and processed foods, just as they have with low-fat and low-carb foods. Sigh.) Gluten is an issue that is close to my heart, so I wrote a little bit about it. If cutting carbs has caused a dramatic improvement in how you feel, some of that change could be because you've cut down on gluten. Have a healthy week! Laura

Should You Avoid Gluten?
A lot of people are going gluten-free these days. What is gluten, anyway? Should you avoid it? I found out 16 years ago that I am sensitive to gluten, but then had to go through a process of figuring out that I need to avoid both gluten and carbs. Interestingly, it's turning out that there are a few different types of sensitivity to gluten, and it may affect many more people than was previously thought. My buddy Jane Anderson, the About.com Guide to Celiac Disease, has recently written a series of articles about gluten sensitivity, and also gluten and weight loss. They are definitely worth checking out, and I recommend her whole site.

More Low-Carb Videos
I've taken another stab at organizing more of the many videos that About.com has added to my site in the last few months. These include videos about the basics of low-carb eating, as well as a group about suggestions of low-carb foods to eat.

Carbs in Coffee Drinks
I woke up this morning to find that the Internet was out at my house, so I fled to a local coffee shop to write this newsletter. But what to order? The amount of sugar in many of today's coffee drinks can be staggering. On the other hand, this coffee shop gives you internet time according to the price of what you order, and a plain cup of coffee was not going to do it for me. I ended up with a cappuccino with sugar-free hazelnut syrup. Yum! Dessert for breakfast! This article will help you decide what to order the next time you order a coffee drink.
See More About:  low carb food lists  low carb beverages 

What is Ketosis?
I recently saw an article which criticized low-carb eating because of the "dangers of ketosis". What is ketosis? It basically means that our bodies are using fat for energy. Which, I believe, is a good goal for many of us!

 


Low Carb Diets Ads
Featured Articles
Low-Carb Home Page
Carbs in Foods
Low-Carb Living
Ways to Share Information and Support
Low-Carb Diet Products
All Laura's Low-Carb Recipes

 

More from About.com

Financial Emergencies
An unexpected change in your financial situation can be incredibly stressful. Here's how to cope. More>



Retirement Planning
Learn the top five things you need to do in order to start building a retirement nest egg. More>




This newsletter is written by:
Laura Dolson
Low Carb Diets Guide
Email Me | My Blog | My Forum
 
Sign up for more free newsletters on your favorite topics
You are receiving this newsletter because you subscribed to the About Low Carb Diets newsletter. If you wish to change your email address or unsubscribe, please click here.

About respects your privacy: Our Privacy Policy

Contact Information:
249 West 17th Street
New York, NY, 10011

© 2012 About.com
 


Must Reads
6 Steps for the Beginner
How to Get Through the First Week
Low-Carb Food Pyramid
Top 10 Low Carb Mistakes
How to Cut Carbs
 
Follow me on:
Facebook Twitter

Advertisement

Nema komentara:

Objavi komentar