utorak, 19. travnja 2011.

About Bipolar Disorder: Catherine Zeta-Jones Has Bipolar Disorder

If you can't see this email, click here

About.com

Bipolar Disorder

Symptoms / Diagnosis

Treatment

Coping and Support



From Marcia Purse, your Guide to Bipolar Disorder
I have bipolar disorder, and I've been open about it since the day I was diagnosed in 1999. It never occurred to me not to talk about it. But I'm not a celebrity. Being frank about being bipolar hasn't done me any harm (and yes, I know I'm lucky in that). For a celebrity to "go public" about having bipolar disorder takes courage in these days of microscopic media scrutiny.

Catherine Zeta-Jones Reveals Bipolar Disorder
The media were caught by surprise this week when celebrated actress Catherine Zeta-Jones announced that she was briefly hospitalized for treatment of bipolar II disorder. Some reporters are scrambling to find signs of mania or depression in her prior behavior. Most media outlets are talking not just about the actress, but about bipolar disorder.

Charlie Sheen - Raising Bipolar Awareness
On Friday Charlie Sheen suddenly announced via Twitter that he planned to hold a walk to raise bipolar awareness - and to raise funds for a Canadian bipolar organization. Whether it was a publicity stunt or not, his efforts raised several thousand dollars for a very good cause. How do you feel about Sheen's sudden determination to hold this event?

Editorial: Celebrities and Bipolar Disorder
I'm not at all happy about some of the comments I'm seeing at various news and blog sites regarding Catherine Zeta-Jones. Some people think that because she is famous and has money, bipolar disorder should be no big deal for her. Here's my take on the subject of celebrities who have bipolar disorder.

Vincent Van Gogh
Vincent Van Gogh was a brilliant artist in the late 1800s with as many as 873 paintings and 1049 drawings credited to his brief career, celebrated for his unique content and use of color. Throughout his life, Van Gogh had a difficult and moody personality. Various biographies describe him as suffering with epilepsy, depression, psychotic attacks, delusions, and bipolar disorder.

 


Bipolar Disorder Ads
Featured Articles
What is Bipolar II?
The Differences Between Bipolar I and II
Diagnosing Bipolar II Disorder
Bipolar Celebrities
About Bipolar Disorder on Facebook
Follow on Twitter

 

More from About.com

Backyard Chickens 101
Dabble in the self-sufficient, eco-friendly life with these essential chicken-raising tips. More>



24 Amazing Container Gardens
These gorgeous and creative gardens prove it doesn't take a lot of space to create something special. More>




This newsletter is written by:
Marcia Purse
Bipolar Disorder Guide
Email Me | My Blog | My Forum
 
Sign up for more free newsletters on your favorite topics
You are receiving this newsletter because you subscribed to the About Bipolar Disorder newsletter. If you wish to change your email address or unsubscribe, please click here.

About respects your privacy: Our Privacy Policy

Contact Information:
249 West 17th Street
New York, NY, 10011

© 2011 About.com
 


What You're Talking About
My parents make fun of my bipolar
Lost both parents within a year
How can I go back?

Advertisement

Nema komentara:

Objavi komentar