utorak, 31. ožujka 2015.

A Fond Farewell

Someone forward you this email? No sweat!
Sign up here to get your own
If you're having trouble viewing this email, click here.
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Follow Us on Pinterest Follow Us on Google+
A Fond Farewell

Today is my last day at About Bipolar Disorder. I've been writing here for 17 years, and as About.com management told me, it's time for a new perspective. I agree. I hope in these 17 years I have helped you improve your lives, helped your friends and loved ones understand you better, helped you with warnings, medication information and much more than I can mention here.

I'm moving on to my own blogs. Echo's Web is an eclectic blog on topics ranging from roleplaying to cats to crocheting and yes, to living with bipolar disorder. It's not a support site, though. I'm not going to answer questions about bipolar disorder there. There is still community support at the About Bipolar Disorder Forums.

My Echo's Gardens blog addressing my experiences in gardening past and present, and in particular will follow this year's progress in renovating and renewing my gardens, which are in sad shape after years of depression and anxiety that kept me from attending to them as they needed. I have big plans and a home equity line of credit to help me achieve them.

And the renewal isn't just for the gardens - it's for me, too, as I shift the focus of my life from writing about bipolar disorder to making the most of the things I love best: my home, my two unofficially adopted children, Angel and Joey, my best friend Hetty, and my family.

For my farewell newsletter, I've chosen to share with you my personal bipolar history, which I chronicled online from the day I was diagnosed until 2008, when management told me to stop.

And for all of you, I wish you healing, stability and security. You have the power to make improvements in your lives. My work at About Bipolar Disorder will remain online to help you make smart decisions, share things with people who need to understand you better, and strive toward a stable mental life.

 

What, Me? I'm Bipolar?
Today I was diagnosed with bipolar disorder, when all this time I thought I just had clinical depression. The clues are in my mental health history. Now I'm wondering what this diagnosis and the new medications mean for my future.
READ NOW »
Share  
Disastrous Medication Changes

 Don't try this at home! I changed medication dosage without my doctor's permission, result in serious problems.

READ NOW »
Share  
Overcommitment = Stress Squared
Hypomania with mixed features created stress and anxiety that lasted after the hypomania was gone.
READ NOW »
Share  
Brain Fog - A Letter to Joey
In "Letter to Joey," I talk about the worries of living with my elderly mother, and how months of struggling to complete routine tasks and projects led me to realize I was suffering from bad side effects from Topamax..
READ NOW »
Share  
MORE FROM ABOUT.COM
Of Course It's Depression
What's Up, Doc?
Changing Thoughts on a Bad Evening
PTSD, Rage, Hypomania
Revelation
The Stresses and Joys of Moving (Final Entry)
Advertisement
About Health | Follow Us: Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Follow Us on Pinterest Follow Us on Google+
You are receiving this newsletter because you subscribed to the About Bipolar Disorder newsletter. If you wish to unsubscribe, please click here. If you would like to unsubscribe from all newsletters sent from About.com, please send an email to optout@about.com with "Unsubscribe" as the subject line.
1500 Broadway, 6th Floor, New York, NY, 10036 © 2014 About.com - All rights reserved - Privacy Policy
 

Nema komentara:

Objavi komentar