srijeda, 26. svibnja 2010.

About Sexuality: Sex Toy or Sexual Health Device?

If you can't see this email, click here

About.com

Sexuality

Sex Tips

Talking About Sex

Sexual Health



From Cory Silverberg, your Guide to Sexuality
Since 1987 I have spent at least some part of every day of my life thinking about sex toys. That was the year I got my first job at a sex store, and since then I've done just about every job there is to do in the sex toy industry. I love sex toys and even tie certain product names and packaging to different emotional and developmental times of my life. In the same way that hearing The Doors makes me think of the homophobic hell of summer camp and the uncomfortable erotic thrill I got reading my first true crime book, seeing an old school bottle of Emotion Lotion takes me back to the first time a customer tried to pick me up, or the hours I spent with a price gun and blow up dolls in a warehouse. I mention this because my early encounters with sex toys, a love affair that has never ended, means that I'm especially sensitive to change. And change, in the sex toy industry, is afoot. ~ Cory

Sex Toy or Sexual Health Device: The Re-branding of Sex Toys
Sex toys are being re-branded as sexual health devices, just one more accessory churned out by the consumer packaged goods industry and presented by the medical establishment as important for healthy relationships. The shift has just begun, which makes this an ideal time to ask what this means for us, and whether having sex toys on the shelves of mainstream retailers will benefit consumers.

Sex Toy Quiz
How much do you know about sex toys?

Vibrator Use Statistics
Knowledge (along with maybe a little cynicism) is perhaps the best protection against the barrage of marketing that will be coming our way in the future of sex toys. Unfortunately most of what we know about vibrator use comes from companies that make vibrators. That's where the cynicism comes in handy.

The Sex Shop Experience
If the idea of dropping a vibrator into your shopping cart right next to the toothpaste and hair gel doesn't excite you, here are some tips on how to find a good sex store near you.

 


Sexuality Ads
Featured Articles
What You Don't Know Can Kill Your Sex Life
How to Find a Sexual Health Clinic
Want More (or Less) PDA?
Does Anal Sex Always Hurt?
Learn New Sex Positions Each Week
9 Weeks to Better Sex

 

More from About.com

Great Stuff Kids Love
From the hottest tunes and best online videos to favorite books and classic toys, here are our top picks for the kids in your life. More >



Join About.com's User Panel!
Share your opinions and help us make About.com more relevant, informative and enjoyable to use. More>




This newsletter is written by:
Cory Silverberg
Sexuality Guide
Email Me | My Blog | My Forum
 
Sign up for more free newsletters on your favorite topics
You are receiving this newsletter because you subscribed to the About Sexuality newsletter. If you wish to change your email address or unsubscribe, please click here.

About respects your privacy: Our Privacy Policy

Contact Information:
249 West 17th Street
New York, NY, 10011

© 2010 About.com
 


The Dark Side of Sex Toys
Dangerous Sex Toys
Sex Toy Injuries
Scary Sex Toys

Advertisement

Nema komentara:

Objavi komentar