utorak, 31. kolovoza 2010.

About Bipolar Disorder: Got Crazy Dreams?

If you can't see this email, click here

About.com

Bipolar Disorder

Symptoms / Diagnosis

Treatment

Coping and Support



From Marcia Purse, your Guide to Bipolar Disorder
Before I started taking psych meds, my sleep was frankly terrible. It would take an hour and a half to get to sleep, I'd toss and turn and wake up over and over, and awaken feeling wholly unrefreshed. Because I worked 7:30-5:30 at the time, naps were out of the question. Turns out, sleep problems are all too common in people with bipolar disorder.

Vivid Dreams, Nightmares and Bipolar Disorder
If I tried to tell you the dream I had during a nap yesterday afternoon, it would take several pages. I remember just about everything - in minute detail - and it went on forever, but was all one story. I've had dreams like this all my life - and there is a bipolar connection.

Are Your Dreams Unusual?
Adults with bipolar disorder are more likely to have vivid dreams and nightmares. They are also more likely to experience night terrors, which is more common among children in the general population. Share a paragraph about the types of dreams you have.

Sleep and Bipolar Episodes - A Vicious Circle
For me, both insomnia and hypersomnia are involved in bipolar depression, but when I'm hypomanic, as is common, I just don't need as much sleep. More and more, researchers are looking at the sleep/wake cycle as not just a factor in bipolar disorder but as something that can be treated to help control episodes.

Improving Your Sleep Schedule
It's not easy to improve your sleep schedule, but here are some beginner steps you can take. Your results may vary, especially depending on your medications.

 


Bipolar Disorder Ads
Featured Articles
Hypersomnia Definition
Night Terrors Definition
Difference Between Bipolar 1 and Bipolar 2
What Are Typical Antipsychotics?
About Bipolar Disorder on Facebook
Follow on Twitter

 

More from About.com

Plan a Unique Vegas Wedding
The minister, music and champagne are just the beginning -- why not get married aboard a helicopter or have a pirate swing in to deliver your rings? Arrrr! More>



Join About.com's User Panel!
Share your opinions and help us make About.com more relevant, informative and enjoyable to use. More>




This newsletter is written by:
Marcia Purse
Bipolar Disorder Guide
Email Me | My Blog | My Forum
 
Sign up for more free newsletters on your favorite topics
You are receiving this newsletter because you subscribed to the About Bipolar Disorder newsletter. If you wish to change your email address or unsubscribe, please click here.

About respects your privacy: Our Privacy Policy

Contact Information:
249 West 17th Street
New York, NY, 10011

© 2010 About.com
 


What We're Talking About
Panic Attack
Should I go back to work?
Confusion - what's true and what's a lie?

Advertisement

Nema komentara:

Objavi komentar