srijeda, 7. kolovoza 2013.

About Sexuality: The 2013 August Breast Edition

If you can't see this email, click here

About

Sexuality

Sex Tips

Sex Talk

Sex Toys



From Cory Silverberg, your Guide to Sexuality
Today is the last day of World Breastfeeding Week, an international celebration of nipple sucking. For some people the idea of talking about breastfeeding and sexuality in the same conversation is anathema. Others understand that we do all sorts of things with our bodies, and the power to say some are sexual and some are not should rest with us. I'm not interested in shocking or grossing out or dictating to others what is appropriate and inappropriate. But every August I appreciate the opportunity to celebrate our bodies as they are, including our actual breasts which are rarely as neat and tidy as they are presented back to us in popular culture. ~ Cory

Opening Conversations to Close World Breastfeeding Week
This year's theme, and logo, leave a few of us out, so I thought it was a good time to write us back in.
Search Related Topics:  breastfeeding  gender identity  orgasm

Sexuality and Breastfeeding
A lot of our experience of sexuality is experienced in and through our bodies. Like any new activity we do with our bodies, if we start to breastfeed there will be an impact on our sexuality. What we do with that experience is largely up to us.
Search Related Topics:  breastfeeding  breastfeeding and sex  vaginal dryness

Breastless, Hairless, Heavier, and in Pain
A reader writes: I'm a 31 year old breast cancer survivor, and I recently had a double mastectomy. I'm midway through the reconstruction process, so I don't yet have implants or nipples. And I'm currently going through chemo, which has made me lose my hair and gain something in the vicinity of ten pounds. I've had vulvodynia, which makes penetrative sex anywhere from uncomfortable to impossible, depending on the day, since I was seventeen years old. So now I have no feeling in my chest, as well as pain in my vulva. I've always been pretty happy with the way I look, but the combination of being breastless, hairless, and heavier, in addition to the ongoing vulvar pain, is making it difficult for me to love my body. Any tips? My response.
Search Related Topics:  breast cancer  sex advice  body image problems

New Research on the Evolution of Monogamy
Two new studies tell different stories about how mammals came to monogamy. In addition to trying to decide who we think is right, we should be asking ourselves whether their vision of monogamy bears any resemblance to ours.

 



    Featured Articles
    Follow Me on Twitter!
    Reader's Respond: What's Your Definition of Sex?
    9 Weeks to Better Sex
    Sexuality E-Course: Weekly Sex Position
    Finding New Sex Positions
    Sex from A to Z: Homophobia

     

    More from About.com

    Run Your First 5K
    Even couch potatoes can be ready for a 5K with just a couple months of training. Read more...>



    Help! I'm Too Busy
    Time and stress management tips to help you feel as though you have more time. Read more...>




    This newsletter is written by:
    Cory Silverberg
    Sexuality Guide
    Email Me | My Blog | My Forum
     
    Sign up for more free newsletters on your favorite topics
    You are receiving this newsletter because you subscribed to the About.com Sexuality newsletter. If you wish to change your email address or unsubscribe, please click here.

    About.com respects your privacy: Our Privacy Policy

    Contact Information:
    1500 Broadway, 6th Floor
    New York, NY, 10036

    © 2013 About.com
     


    Must Reads
    What Is Sex?
    Sex How Tos
    All About Orgasms
    Sex Toys 101
    Sex Positions Pictures
     
    Follow me on:
    Facebook Twitter

    Advertisement

    Nema komentara:

    Objavi komentar