ponedjeljak, 4. studenoga 2013.

About Exercise: Can Exercise Be Fun?

If you can't see this email, click here

About

Exercise

Lose Weight With Exercise

Workouts

Exercises By Muscle Group



From Paige Waehner, your Guide to Exercise

This week's topic puts together two words that may shock you:  'Workout' and 'fun.'  Specifically:  Can working out be fun?  It's the kind of question that won't work for multiple choice tests (my favorite kind).  After all, it all depends on your definition of 'workout' and your definition of 'fun.' 

Personally, my definition of fun involves things like 'the ocean' and 'whales jumping in the distance' and 'tropical drinks with tiny umbrellas.'  My definition of working out...well, let's just say it does not involve the same items included in my definition of fun.

Still, I do think it's possible to make workouts not suck.

Sometimes, not sucking is the best we can do, people.


How do you make working out more fun?
I've spent much of my career here at About.com (13 years this month, if you're interested) trying to convince people how great exercise is. I've repeatedly reminded my readers... Read more
Search Related Topics:  exercise fun  fun workouts  how to exercise

Best Cardio Exercises for Weight Loss
There's no 'right' cardio exercise and the best choice is the one you enjoy and the one you'll work hardest at, but there are some that work best if your goal is to blast calories and get in great shape... Read more
Search Related Topics:  cardio workouts  burning calories  how to lose weight

Exercising at Work
It's hard to find time to exercise, especially for those of us who work in an office. It would be great if you could head out for a workout at the gym or go for a run outside to blow some stink off but, unfortunately, your boss doesn't count that as part of your job description... Read more

Your Goals - Is it time to forget about weight loss?
When I meet my clients for the first time, the first thing that comes up has to do with goals. As in, "Tell me your main goal for being... Read more
Search Related Topics:  holidays  avoiding weight gain  fitness goals


Related Searches
Featured Articles
What do do if you're not losing weight
30 Day Quick Start for Beginners
Are You Exercising Too Much?
Shorten Your List of Stressors
10 Dorky Things I've Worn Walking
Nutritious Substitutes for Milk

 

More from About.com

Run Your First 5K
Even couch potatoes can be ready for a 5K with just a couple months of training. Read more...>



Help! I'm Too Busy
Time and stress management tips to help you feel as though you have more time. Read more...>




This newsletter is written by:
Paige Waehner
Exercise Guide
Email Me | My Blog | My Forum
 
Sign up for more free newsletters on your favorite topics
You are receiving this newsletter because you subscribed to the About.com Exercise newsletter. If you wish to change your email address or unsubscribe, please click here.

About.com respects your privacy: Our Privacy Policy

Contact Information:
1500 Broadway, 6th Floor
New York, NY, 10036

© 2013 About.com
 


Must Reads
Exercise Basics
Exercise for Beginners
Exercise for Weight Loss
Exercise Gear
Weight Loss Success Stories
 
Follow me on:
Facebook Twitter

Advertisement

Nema komentara:

Objavi komentar