utorak, 28. siječnja 2014.

About Bipolar Disorder: Bipolar Weather Joke - Funny or Offensive?

If you can't see this email, click here

About

Bipolar Disorder

Symptoms/Diagnosis

Treatment

Coping/Support



A sense of humor can help one cope with a mental illness - but jokes from others may not be funny at all. As you'll read by clicking the links below, a recent Facebook joke got a wide range of reactions from our community. I myself am not particularly sensitive to bipolarity jokes, but I can easily get upset, even to the point of tears, over jokes about depression. See what you think, below.

Is This Bipolar Joke Funny or Offensive?

I asked the question on Facebook and got a variety of answers. Some people thought it was funny, others were very angry indeed. Click the headline above to see the blog, or go straight to the articles:


Actress Kim Novak Has Bipolar Disorder
She didn't know she had bipolar disorder at the time when the pressures of stardom were making her depressed and distraught. No one really understood why she left Hollywood. More than 40 years later, Kim Novak began talking about her bipolar disorder.
Search Related Topics:  kim novak  bipolar depression 

Rosemary Clooney and Bipolar
Rosemary Clooney is another star whose career was seriously affected by bipolar disorder. It was a national tragedy that triggered Rosemary's public mania.

My Bipolar Journal: Brain Fog
In an open letter to my son Joey, written about 5 years after my bipolar diagnosis, I discussed the pressures surrounding me - and the medication that was making me feel like there was fog in my head.


Related Searches
Featured Articles
Treatment Options for Bipolar Disorder
Impact on Life
Personal Stories & Literature About Bipolar Disorder
Legal Issues
Suicide
Impact on Health

 

More from About.com

Run Your First 5K
Even couch potatoes can be ready for a 5K with just a couple months of training. Read more...>



Help! I'm Too Busy
Time and stress management tips to help you feel as though you have more time. Read more...>




This newsletter is written by:
Marcia Purse
Email Me | My Blog | My Forum
 
Sign up for more free newsletters on your favorite topics
You are receiving this newsletter because you subscribed to the About.com Bipolar Disorder newsletter. If you wish to change your email address or unsubscribe, please click here.

About.com respects your privacy: Our Privacy Policy

Contact Information:
1500 Broadway, 6th Floor
New York, NY, 10036

© 2013 About.com
 


Must Reads
What Is Bipolar Disorder?
Symptoms of Bipolar Disorder
Diagnosis of Bipolar Disorder
Treatment of Bipolar Disorder
Our Community for Bipolar Disorder
 
Follow me on:
Facebook Twitter

Advertisement

Nema komentara:

Objavi komentar