ponedjeljak, 27. siječnja 2014.

About Exercise: Exercise can help you find more balance in your life

If you can't see this email, click here

About

Exercise

Lose Weight With Exercise

Workouts

Exercises By Muscle Group



The other day, I was training a client and I told her about this new survey suggesting that exercise can actually help one deal with the work-life balance conundrum.  She stopped the pushups she was doing so she could glare at me and our conversation went something like this:

Her:   "Really?  Last week you told me this little gem:  That exercise can help me have more energy, even though it takes energy - Energy that I don't have, by the way - to exercise.  Now your new little gem is that I can find a better work-life balance if I take time - Also something I don't have - To exercise?"

Me:  "Yes.  That's what I'm saying."

Her  "And I pay you for this?"

Me  "Well, you pay for the pushups.  The 'little gems' are an extra bonus."

Her:  "You're fired."

 


Fit-Fact: Exercise helps you have a better work-life balance.
With obesity in the news every other day, it's easy to equate that with the word 'lazy' - As in...maybe we're just too lazy to exercise. Not only is... Read more
Search Related Topics:  work-life balance  balanced lifestyle  exercise

Reader Question: How hard should I be working?
One of the most common questions I get from both my clients and readers has to do with exercise intensity. They often want to know: How hard should... Read more
Search Related Topics:  intensity  high intensity exercise  burning calories

Workouts of the Week - Boredom Busters
Are you getting tired of indoor workouts yet? Or perhaps you're one of those hardy souls who will workout outside no matter what - Like this man in my... Read more
Search Related Topics:  boredom  beat exercise boredom  winter exercise

Vote in This Week's Poll: What's your best day to exercise?
A while back, I got an email from a reader who mentioned that he was always dragging by the time he made it to his Wednesday workouts. For weeks,... Read more
Search Related Topics:  exercise  energy  how to exercise


Related Searches
Featured Articles
All About Supersets
Make Time for Exercise with Shorter Workouts
Flexibility Workouts
How to Start Exercising if You're Overweight
10 Tips to Stop Sitting Still
Better Ab Exercise Training

 

More from About.com

Run Your First 5K
Even couch potatoes can be ready for a 5K with just a couple months of training. Read more...>



Help! I'm Too Busy
Time and stress management tips to help you feel as though you have more time. Read more...>




This newsletter is written by:
Paige Waehner
Email Me | My Blog | My Forum
 
Sign up for more free newsletters on your favorite topics
You are receiving this newsletter because you subscribed to the About.com Exercise newsletter. If you wish to change your email address or unsubscribe, please click here.

About.com respects your privacy: Our Privacy Policy

Contact Information:
1500 Broadway, 6th Floor
New York, NY, 10036

© 2013 About.com
 


Must Reads
Exercise Basics
Exercise for Beginners
Exercise for Weight Loss
Exercise Gear
Weight Loss Success Stories
 
Follow me on:
Facebook Twitter

Advertisement

Nema komentara:

Objavi komentar