utorak, 7. siječnja 2014.

About Bipolar Disorder: Mind and Body

If you can't see this email, click here

About

Bipolar Disorder

Symptoms/Diagnosis

Treatment

Coping/Support



My best wishes to all my readers for 2014. I'm determined to make this a better year, and I hope it turns out to be a good year for all of you.

New Year's Resolutions, Anyone?
I know, I know - lots of us think of resolutions and the reaction is "Oh, no!" Maybe you''ve tried this before and know that not keeping resolutions is horribly discouraging. But these resolutions are specifically for people who have bipolar disorder, and in fact, the first one is: I will not feel guilty if circumstances interfere with keeping any of my resolutions. With that as your starting point, you can't lose.
Search Related Topics:  treatment of bp  medications  coping tips

Executive Functions
I'm not talking about the job requirements of a CEO, but of the nifty things your brain does that are necessary for daily living. Decision-making: are you going to wear brown socks or pink? Problem-solving: should you take an alternate route to work because of traffic? Bipolar disorder can interfere significantly with executive functions.
Search Related Topics:  depression symptoms  mania symptoms 

Sick Body, Bipolar Mind
Not quite two years ago I had a serious illness that put me in the hospital for five days. I was so weak it was hard to get to the bathroom. Afterward, it took me months to get even half my strength back. I was so frustrated and felt so helpless that I sank into a long, dark depression. Many bipolar people have found that illness or injuries affect their moods significantly. Here are some stories.
Search Related Topics:  bipolar and your health 

The Week on Facebook
I try to post questions to the bipolar community several times a week. The two most recent were, "Morning person or night person?" and "Is there a beverage you consume more than any other?" (Sometimes I don't know whether the question is relevant to BP till I see the answers.) You can still reply to these posts. (So far, "night person" is way ahead.)


Related Searches
Featured Articles
Treatment Options for Bipolar Disorder
Impact on Life
Personal Stories & Literature About Bipolar Disorder
Legal Issues
Suicide
Impact on Health

 

More from About.com

Run Your First 5K
Even couch potatoes can be ready for a 5K with just a couple months of training. Read more...>



Help! I'm Too Busy
Time and stress management tips to help you feel as though you have more time. Read more...>




This newsletter is written by:
Marcia Purse
Email Me | My Blog | My Forum
 
Sign up for more free newsletters on your favorite topics
You are receiving this newsletter because you subscribed to the About.com Bipolar Disorder newsletter. If you wish to change your email address or unsubscribe, please click here.

About.com respects your privacy: Our Privacy Policy

Contact Information:
1500 Broadway, 6th Floor
New York, NY, 10036

© 2013 About.com
 


Must Reads
What Is Bipolar Disorder?
Symptoms of Bipolar Disorder
Diagnosis of Bipolar Disorder
Treatment of Bipolar Disorder
Our Community for Bipolar Disorder
 
Follow me on:
Facebook Twitter

Advertisement

Nema komentara:

Objavi komentar