ponedjeljak, 13. siječnja 2014.

About Exercise: How do you get and stay motivated to exercise?

If you can't see this email, click here

About

Exercise

Lose Weight With Exercise

Workouts

Exercises By Muscle Group



Today's question about motivation is one that I've tried to answer many, many times here at About.com.  In fact, I was looking through all the articles I've written about motivation and I counted 44.  After all that thinking and writing and writing and thinking, I know one important thing about motivation:  It isn't something that's just going to happen.

Motivation is kind of like everything else in life...money, love, success, getting your husband to pick up his shoes...you have to work for it in one way or another.  In other words, you can't wait until you feel like exercising, because that's kind of like me waiting until I feel like it to clean out my basement.  You have to schedule it and then you have to do it.

And now I just talked my way into cleaning out my basement.  Great.

 


How do you get and stay motivated to exercise?
You know what motivates many of us to exercise? Trying on a pair of pants and realizing that you're thisclose to having to go up another size. Know... Read more
Search Related Topics:  motivation  exercise obstacles  how to exercise

Fitness Trends for 2014: Short and Not-So-Sweet Workouts
Every year, we get a list of coming fitness trends for the year and, as the ACSM predicted, this year is all about high intensity workouts. So, do you... Read more
Search Related Topics:  hiit workouts  interval training  anaerobic training

Vote: What do you struggle with the most?
What do you struggle with when it comes to exercise? I figure we're all trying to get back on track in one way or another and many of you may be starting from day one after a long break... Read more
Search Related Topics:  exercise obstacles  motivation  get back on track

Exercise of the Week: Low Impact Jumping Jacks
Jumping jacks are, next to burpees and pushups are one of the most hated exercise among my clients and there are several reasons why. There's the 'jiggle factor' -... Read more
Search Related Topics:  low impact cardio  cardio exercises  jumping jacks


Related Searches
Featured Articles
Getting Your Best Body
10 Ways to Know You're Burned Out on Exercise
Weight Loss Sabotage
5 Ways to Eat More and Lose Weight
How Cleaning Can Alleviate Stress
Avoiding Germs at the Gym

 

More from About.com

Run Your First 5K
Even couch potatoes can be ready for a 5K with just a couple months of training. Read more...>



Help! I'm Too Busy
Time and stress management tips to help you feel as though you have more time. Read more...>




This newsletter is written by:
Paige Waehner
Email Me | My Blog | My Forum
 
Sign up for more free newsletters on your favorite topics
You are receiving this newsletter because you subscribed to the About.com Exercise newsletter. If you wish to change your email address or unsubscribe, please click here.

About.com respects your privacy: Our Privacy Policy

Contact Information:
1500 Broadway, 6th Floor
New York, NY, 10036

© 2013 About.com
 


Must Reads
Exercise Basics
Exercise for Beginners
Exercise for Weight Loss
Exercise Gear
Weight Loss Success Stories
 
Follow me on:
Facebook Twitter

Advertisement

Nema komentara:

Objavi komentar