ponedjeljak, 23. srpnja 2012.

About Low Carb Diets: My Visit to the Endocrinologist

If you can't see this email, click here

About.com

Low Carb Diets

Getting Started

Health and Nutrition

Recipes



From Laura Dolson, your Guide to Low Carb Diets
I don't usually talk about myself and my personal health journey except in passing, but I also think it's sometimes instructive to hear from someone who's been low-carbing for a long time (my first reduced-carb diet was 17 years ago, and my last one (the one I'm still on) started 12 years ago. A recent doctor's visit prompted me to open up, and I hope it's helpful to some people. Have a great week - Laura

My Visit to the Endocrinologist
Recently my doctor sent me to an endocrinologist to talk about my prediabetes (I've been prediabetic for many years). He and I had an interesting conversation covering blood sugar, weight, risk factors (and, briefly, carbs). I thought some of my readers might be interested in where my health is as a long-term low-carber, and what the doctor thinks I should be doing.

Low-Carb Fruit List
Summer fruits are so enticing! At this time of year I try to save room in my carb allotment for some fresh fruit. This list is roughly in order from the least to the most sugar, with links to more information. Also, here's a Quick Tip to help you remember without having to consult a long list.

What is a Low-Carb Diet?
Seems like a simple question, but "what is a low-carb diet?" has been answered in a number of different ways by diet authors and researchers. What does this mean to you? Here are the basics of three main approaches, and the benefits of each.

Julian Bakery and Other Ads on the Site
After my blog about the serious questions about the labeling on Julian Bakery bread last week, a number of readers questioned why there would still be Julian Bakery ads on my site. I explain this in our Discussion Forum.

 


Low Carb Diets Ads
Featured Articles
Low-Carb Super Foods
What Foods To Eat on a Low-Carb Diet
Low-Carb Menus
Low-Carb Restaurant Eating
Carb Counts of Common Foods
All Laura's Low-Carb Recipes

 

More from About.com

Free Children's Books
How would you like to have access to a free online public library of books from around the world for kids 3 to 13? Read more...>



Best Water Parks
Better pack your bathing suit -- here are our recommendations for the funnest, wettest, splashiest water parks around. Read more...>




This newsletter is written by:
Laura Dolson
Low Carb Diets Guide
Email Me | My Blog | My Forum
 
Sign up for more free newsletters on your favorite topics
You are receiving this newsletter because you subscribed to the About.com Low Carb Diets newsletter. If you wish to change your email address or unsubscribe, please click here.

About.com respects your privacy: Our Privacy Policy

Contact Information:
249 West 17th Street
New York, NY, 10011

© 2012 About.com
 


Must Reads
6 Steps for the Beginner
How to Get Through the First Week
Low-Carb Food Pyramid
Top 10 Low Carb Mistakes
How to Cut Carbs
 
Follow me on:
Facebook Twitter

Advertisement

Nema komentara:

Objavi komentar