utorak, 11. prosinca 2012.

About Yoga: Shopping for a Yoga Mat

If you can't see this email, click here

About.com

Yoga

Yoga Styles

Beginners

Poses & Workouts



From Ann Pizer, your Guide to Yoga
Asking for a new yoga mat this holiday season? Considering Manduka, Jade, Lululemon? What features are most important to you? Read on for our expert advice.

Yoga Mat Comparison Chart
I tried five top yoga mats, evaluated them on ten criteria (including weight, material, traction, and price) and put the results into an easy to read chart. Which is just the kind of thing I love to do. I hope you find it useful.
Search Related Topics:  yoga equipment  props  yoga gifts

Crowdsource It
If you're still not sure what to do, check out our readers' yoga mat recommendations.
Search Related Topics:  yoga mats  share your story  props

The Mat for Hot Yoga
Though some may disagree (see these comments), I found Lululemon's The Mat to be a great choice for hot yoga during a recent class. I got plenty sweaty, yet found myself with great traction throughout. Although I love my Manduka for most other classes, The Mat outperformed it in the heat.

Pose of the Week - Triangle Pose - Trikonasana
Trikonasana never fails to bring a sigh of contentment for me. It's not the flashiest pose, so my satisfaction with it isn't to do with accomplishing something difficult. It just always seems to be what my body needs to do. Could be because it often comes near the end of a standing sequence when I am dying to straighten my leg. What's your happy pose?
Search Related Topics:  standing poses  beginning poses  hamstring stretches

 


Related Searches
Featured Articles
An Index of Yoga Poses
Yoga Styles
Yoga Audio, Books, and Videos
Yoga Clothing and Equipment
Yoga and Your Health
Home Practice

 

More from About.com

The Perfect Engagement Ring
How to find a gorgeous ring with a style and price that suit your needs. Read more...>



Hometown Holidays
Discover the best holiday events near your hometown. Read more...>




This newsletter is written by:
Ann Pizer
Yoga Guide
Email Me | My Blog | My Forum
 
Sign up for more free newsletters on your favorite topics
You are receiving this newsletter because you subscribed to the About.com Yoga newsletter. If you wish to change your email address or unsubscribe, please click here.

About.com respects your privacy: Our Privacy Policy

Contact Information:
249 West 17th Street
New York, NY, 10011

© 2012 About.com
 


Must Reads
What is Yoga?
Yoga for Beginners - How to Start
Yoga and Weight Loss
Yoga Tips
Sun Salutation - Step by Step
 
Follow me on:
Facebook Twitter

Advertisement

Nema komentara:

Objavi komentar