utorak, 15. svibnja 2012.

About Bipolar Disorder: Stigma, Psychosis, Pharmacists and More

If you can't see this email, click here

About.com

Bipolar Disorder

Symptoms / Diagnosis

Treatment

Coping and Support



From Marcia Purse, your Guide to Bipolar Disorder
Thanks to all of you who supported me during my recent illness. I'm glad to say I'm finally seeing major improvement over the last few days. Your support really helped me keep my spirits up! Thank you!

A New Kind of Stigma
I thought I'd heard it all, but this was new to me: a blog comment that said, in part, "Sure, blame the pills instead of taking responsibility for your gluttony and your fear of exercise." Excuse me? Now it's our fault that psych medications pack on the pounds? I removed the comment and instead posted it as a separate blog. Just when you thought there was enough stigma toward people with mental disorders already - here comes more.

Behind the Pharmacy Counter
Michael Janflone, author of Long Sleeved Summers, talks with Andy Behrman about the stresses that affect the people who fill your prescriptions. Janflone, who became drug-addicted while he was a pharmacist, discusses why and how it happened, gives his opinions about medication culture in the U.S., and shows reasons why you must check your prescriptions when you receive them.

All About Psychotic Symptoms
Anyone with Bipolar 1 or Bipolar 2 can experience psychosis. Even I used to be wrong about that. Because only in mania, not hypomania, can psychotic symptoms occur, I thought only Bipolar 1 included psychosis. Not so, because psychosis can appear during bipolar depression. Here's a compact resources for a wealth of information regarding psychosis.
See More About:  hallucinations  delusions  psychosis

A Boy and a Bear: Helping Your Bipolar Child
Here's a book that can help children help themselves. Cleverly written and illustrated, A Boy and a Bear guides the child to learning a breathing technique that helps with self-calming.

 


Bipolar Disorder Ads
Featured Articles
Children & Teens
Medications
Causes of Bipolar Disorder
Family Issues
About Bipolar Disorder on Facebook
Follow on Twitter

 

More from About.com

Bake Sale Bestsellers
Make your next bake sale a profitable one with these irresistible recipes. More>



Macaroni and Cheese
Oodles of delicious macaroni and cheese recipes, from old fashioned classics to spiced-up versions. More>




This newsletter is written by:
Marcia Purse
Bipolar Disorder Guide
Email Me | My Blog | My Forum
 
Sign up for more free newsletters on your favorite topics
You are receiving this newsletter because you subscribed to the About Bipolar Disorder newsletter. If you wish to change your email address or unsubscribe, please click here.

About respects your privacy: Our Privacy Policy

Contact Information:
249 West 17th Street
New York, NY, 10011

© 2012 About.com
 


Must Reads
What Is Bipolar Disorder?
Symptoms of Bipolar Disorder
Diagnosis of Bipolar Disorder
Treatment of Bipolar Disorder
Our Community for Bipolar Disorder
 
Follow me on:
Facebook Twitter

Advertisement

Nema komentara:

Objavi komentar