ponedjeljak, 7. svibnja 2012.

About Exercise: Preventing Weight Gain

If you can't see this email, click here

About.com

Exercise

Lose Weight With Exercise

Workouts

Exercises By Muscle Group



From Paige Waehner, your Guide to Exercise
As a self-confessed eavesdropper, I'm always fascinated when I listen in on conversations about weight loss. Here's one I overhead between two women on this very subject:
Woman 1: I swear I gained 10 pounds overnight.
Woman 2: Oh please, I would kill for your thighs. Seriously. I would really murder someone. And have you noticed how much weight I've gained lately? I should be arrested.
Woman 1: No! How can you even say you're overweight? You are so perfect, I just want to strangle you!
...And the conversation went on in the same vein for quite a while. The funny thing is overhearing men talking about the same thing. Here's a conversation I overheard at one of my husband's handball matches:
Man 1: (Grabbing a handful of fat around his belly)"Dude, I'm getting fat."
Man 2: (Studying the general size and shape of the fat) "You sure are. Are you trying to win the contest for gaining the most weight in one year?"
Man 1: (Shrugging) "Maybe. Let's go get a beer."

The key in preventing this topic from ever coming up (as entertaining as it is for me to listen in on) is to avoid gaining weight in the first place and, when you think about it, preventing weight gain is easier than losing it - Something you might consider if you're having a hard time losing weight.


Exercise and weight loss lesson of the week: It's easier to prevent weight gain than it is to lose weight
As exercise and weight loss goals go, most of us have never entertained the goal of preventing weight gain. Somehow, saying "I want to prevent weight gain," just doesn't... Read more

Fitness Round Up for May 2012
Welcome to your fitness round up, a collection of interesting fitness tidbits, websites, events and more that have crossed my desk/email/eyeballs in the last few weeks. Be sure to leave a... Read more

Workout of the Week: Your Favorite Workout
As I was working on this blog topic, I went to some of my friends and clients to ask: What's your favorite workout? This question elicited a number... Read more
See More About:  how to exercise  workouts  favorite workout

Vote: Have you ever gained weight after starting exercise?
"You lied to me!" That's what a client, having worked with me for exactly 2 sessions, texted me one day, along with an angry emoticon that made me sit up and take notice. I admit, I do tell lies sometimes...small lies...Read more

 


Exercise Ads
Featured Articles
Are You After the Perfect Body?
Emotional Eating
What's Your Body Image?
Gift Ideas for Walking Moms
How to Use an RPE Scale
How to Start a Workout Routine if You're Overweight

 

More from About.com

Bake Sale Bestsellers
Make your next bake sale a profitable one with these irresistible recipes. More>



Macaroni and Cheese
Oodles of delicious macaroni and cheese recipes, from old fashioned classics to spiced-up versions. More>




This newsletter is written by:
Paige Waehner
Exercise Guide
Email Me | My Blog | My Forum
 
Sign up for more free newsletters on your favorite topics
You are receiving this newsletter because you subscribed to the About Exercise newsletter. If you wish to change your email address or unsubscribe, please click here.

About respects your privacy: Our Privacy Policy

Contact Information:
249 West 17th Street
New York, NY, 10011

© 2012 About.com
 


Must Reads
Exercise Basics
Exercise for Beginners
Exercise for Weight Loss
Weight Loss Success Stories
Exercise Gear
 
Follow me on:
Facebook Twitter

Advertisement

Nema komentara:

Objavi komentar