ponedjeljak, 14. listopada 2013.

About Exercise: Secrets of Personal Trainers - What We Wish We Could Say

If you can't see this email, click here

About

Exercise

Lose Weight With Exercise

Workouts

Exercises By Muscle Group



From Paige Waehner, your Guide to Exercise

There are lots of things I wish I could say to my clients.  For example, when *Debbie complains about the fact that she can only do 10 pushups, I'd like to shake her (just a little, mind you) and remind her that she used to be able to do zero pushups.  Or when *Pete gives me his death-stare whenever I say "And now, burpees!"  I'd like to tell him that his death-stare will never penetrate the force field I have built over the last 15 years.

The truth is, there's a lot you learn when you do this job and, sometimes, I wish my clients could know what I know so they don't keep not knowing what they should know and, thus, wasting their time on exercises or workouts or goals that just aren't going to give them what they want. 

That's quite a run-on sentence for a Monday, but there you go.

 

 


Secrets of Personal Trainers - What We Wish We Could Say
One day I was working with a client and she posited the theory that trainers must get together and gossip about their overweight, uncoordinated clients. Of course, I said,... Read more

Your Exercise Intensity - How Much Does it Matter?
When we talk about the who/what/where of cardio workouts - Meaning, the frequency, intensity, time and type of workouts (or the F.I.T.T. Principle, for those of you who enjoy acronyms),... Read more

Exercise - How do you know if you're doing it right?
There are questions in life that are impossible to answer. For example, no one knows where all their missing socks go or why their cat sits and stares at... Read more

Vote in This Week's Poll: How do you prefer to exercise?
I came across an article the other day, detailing the findings of an online survey about our exercise habits. The original survey, conducted by Timex, gathered votes from some... Read more
Search Related Topics:  how to exercise  solo exercise  group exercise


Related Searches
Featured Articles
Are You An Annoying Health Freak?
Why You Should Lift Weights
Do Men Lose Weight Faster Than Women?
Meal Planning Strategies for Weight Loss
Foods That Help You Sleep
Marathon Tapering Tips

 

More from About.com

Run Your First 5K
Even couch potatoes can be ready for a 5K with just a couple months of training. Read more...>



Help! I'm Too Busy
Time and stress management tips to help you feel as though you have more time. Read more...>




This newsletter is written by:
Paige Waehner
Exercise Guide
Email Me | My Blog | My Forum
 
Sign up for more free newsletters on your favorite topics
You are receiving this newsletter because you subscribed to the About.com Exercise newsletter. If you wish to change your email address or unsubscribe, please click here.

About.com respects your privacy: Our Privacy Policy

Contact Information:
1500 Broadway, 6th Floor
New York, NY, 10036

© 2013 About.com
 


Must Reads
Exercise Basics
Exercise for Beginners
Exercise for Weight Loss
Exercise Gear
Weight Loss Success Stories
 
Follow me on:
Facebook Twitter

Advertisement

Nema komentara:

Objavi komentar