ponedjeljak, 24. veljače 2014.

About Exercise: You don't have to be ready to change to lose weight

If you can't see this email, click here

About

Exercise

Lose Weight With Exercise

Workouts

Exercises By Muscle Group



As I was thinking about this week's newsletter topic, which is all about the fact that we don't have to be ready to make a change to actually make a change, I thought of all the ways I've used this as an excuse to procrastinate one thing or another.

For example, I'm just not ready to clean my oven.  First, I don't have the proper glove-wear to accomplish this task (and, yes to my husband, I am aware that these are available in a variety of stores, large and small, for a small fee, so no need to remind me).  Second, I just don't feel mentally ready to deal with the grease, the old burnt crumbs, the remnants of meals gone by and, frankly, until I am, there's just no point in doing it.

 Is this working at all?

Fit Fact: You don't have to be ready to change to lose weight
Whenever I talk about making a lifestyle change, there's an implication that you have to be Ready to Change. Or maybe that should be READY TO CHANGE. In... Read more
Search Related Topics:  how to lose weight  lifestyle change  get started

Exercise of the Week: Side to Side High Chest Press
If you have one of those weird little flat resistance bands and you're not exactly sure what to do with it, beyond snapping your loved one on the fanny (which... Read more

Vote in This Week's Poll: What's your favorite kind of workout?
A client recently made the mistake of asking me today's question: "What's your favorite kind of workout?" It was a mistake because, first, I always talk way too... Read more
Search Related Topics:  exercise  workouts  exercise program

How to Behave Yourself at the Gym
One thing I love about my blog is the fact that I get to work on my own personal issues while, hopefully, helping others work through their issues as well. Which brings me to today’s topic: Annoying People at the Gym. ... Read more
Search Related Topics:  gym etiquette  annoying people at the gym  gym workouts


Related Searches
Featured Articles
How to Set Weight Loss Goals
Myths About Your Abs
Choosing and Using Resistance Bands
How Can I Stick to My Diet on Weekends?
Are Your Emotions Stopping You from Losing Weight?
Single-Tasking for Productivity and Stress Relief

 

More from About.com

Run Your First 5K
Even couch potatoes can be ready for a 5K with just a couple months of training. Read more...>



Help! I'm Too Busy
Time and stress management tips to help you feel as though you have more time. Read more...>




This newsletter is written by:
Paige Waehner
Email Me | My Blog | My Forum
 
Sign up for more free newsletters on your favorite topics
You are receiving this newsletter because you subscribed to the About.com Exercise newsletter. If you wish to change your email address or unsubscribe, please click here.

About.com respects your privacy: Our Privacy Policy

Contact Information:
1500 Broadway, 6th Floor
New York, NY, 10036

© 2014 About.com
 


Must Reads
Exercise Basics
Exercise for Beginners
Exercise for Weight Loss
Exercise Gear
Weight Loss Success Stories
 
Follow me on:
Facebook Twitter

Advertisement

Nema komentara:

Objavi komentar