srijeda, 12. veljače 2014.

About Sexuality: New York Times Goes Sexless

If you can't see this email, click here

About

Sexuality

Sex Tips

Sex Talk

Sex Toys



After almost ten years writing about how sexuality is talked about by the mainstream media I know which publications and websites to avoid and which to read.  Most of the time when there's sex in the New York Times it's in the fashion section and I know I shouldn't pick it up.  Sometimes, like this week, I can't help myself.   ~  Cory

 


Gender, Desire, and the Impoverishment of Heterosexual Privilege in the New York Times
About half way through writing about this piece I describe the article this way:  it's like trying to reproduce a pointillist master work when all you have is finger paints.  Most therapists are remarkably ill equipped to explain or describe human experience.  You wouldn't think that was the case, but here it is again.

 

Search Related Topics:  heteronormativity  desire  queer

How Can I Worry Less and Enjoy Intercourse More?

An About.com reader writes, "I haven't had a relationship that included heteronormative sex in almost ten years, The last time I tried it with a partner it hurt, so we stopped.  Maybe it's a lube thing. But sometimes I wonder if it could be that my hymen was never fully broken.  I'm hoping that I'll soon be taking the plunge again, and I'm wondering if you have any suggestions about making it less of a big deal."

 

Search Related Topics:  sex advice  intercourse  pain during sex

When You Want More (or Less) Sex Than They Do
Sex drive discrepancies, the therapeutic term for when one of you wants sex more or less than the other, are common.  I think we start by looking to the world around us and how it informs our expectations and actions.  But if you aren't also talking with your partner about what's going on, making change will be difficult.

 

Search Related Topics:  sex drive  libido  sex tips for couples

Sexual Intimacy Is...
Is it an ingredient of good sex?  A result of it?  Is it a measurable activity or an experience that's impossible to describe.  It wouldn't matter if we all had exactly as much of it as we wanted, but we don't.  Which calls on us to at least try and define it for ourselves.

 

Search Related Topics:  sex tips for couples  sex definitions  sexual intimacy


Related Searches
    Featured Articles
    Follow Me on Twitter!
    Reader's Respond: What's the Secret to Sexual Compatibility?
    9 Weeks to Better Sex
    Sexuality E-Course: Weekly Sex Position
    Sex Tip: Put on a One-Person Show
    Sex from A to Z: Monogamy

     

    More from About.com

    Run Your First 5K
    Even couch potatoes can be ready for a 5K with just a couple months of training. Read more...>



    Help! I'm Too Busy
    Time and stress management tips to help you feel as though you have more time. Read more...>




    This newsletter is written by:
    Cory Silverberg
    Email Me | My Blog | My Forum
     
    Sign up for more free newsletters on your favorite topics
    You are receiving this newsletter because you subscribed to the About.com Sexuality newsletter. If you wish to change your email address or unsubscribe, please click here.

    About.com respects your privacy: Our Privacy Policy

    Contact Information:
    1500 Broadway, 6th Floor
    New York, NY, 10036

    © 2014 About.com
     


    Must Reads
    What Is Sex?
    Sex How Tos
    All About Orgasms
    Sex Toys 101
    Sex Positions Pictures
     
    Follow me on:
    Facebook Twitter

    Advertisement

    Nema komentara:

    Objavi komentar