srijeda, 31. ožujka 2010.

About Breast Cancer: Jewel Plummer Cobb - Overcomer & Cancer Biologist

If you can't see this email, click here

About.com

Breast Cancer

Symptoms / Diagnosis

Treatment

Daily Life



From Pam Stephan, your Guide to Breast Cancer
Winding up Women's History Month is a woman who would not accept second best. She pursued equality and pioneered important research in cancer treatments. But she was not alone in enjoying the benefits.

Jewel Plummer Cobb - Overcomer and Cancer Biologist
One day in high school, Jewel Plummer looked at cells through a microscope in biology class. Drawn to cell biology, she overcame many obstacles to get the best of college education and eventually became a became a fellow at the National Cancer Institute. Now highly honored, Dr. Cobb continues to serve in ways that promote minority education in the sciences, tearing down barriers in the search for the cure.

A Sacred Walk - Dispelling the Fear of Death & Dying
I've lost friends and family to cancer, and been with two great women when they finished their life's journey. During high school, it seemed like I was going to funerals about once a month. I got the message - death is part of life, and we have to pass through it. In her book "A Sacred Walk" Donna Authers tells you about her experience with death and caring for the dying, but most importantly about how her fear of death was broken. She includes many practical tips about coping and planning while on this heartfelt sacred walk.

Fear of Death - Get Your Facts Straight
When I was diagnosed, my second thought was "I'm glad I have my will made up." I just assumed I would soon die. That's because I had no understanding of the facts and statistics, no idea of how survival might be possible. Well, it's now been 8 years and I'm still kicking. Breast cancer is still a life-threatening disease, but fewer of us die from it. Thank goodness!

Breast Cancer Diagnosis Often Causes The Blues
Have you ever asked yourself, "Why ME?" and then answered yourself with a blame list - because I ate too many Twinkies, because I didn't have babies, because I didn't exercise every day, because - well you get the idea. For many of us, that leads down a spiral of emotion into distress, anxiety and depression. It's time to break that spiral and climb back up. Get help - here are several ways to work on your emotions.

 


Breast Cancer Ads
Featured Articles
Words of The Week: Mammary Sulcus
Breast Cancer Basics - Definition, Types, Survival Statistics
Risk and Prevention
What You Need to Know Before Starting Treatment
Is It Breast Cancer? - Diagnosis, Tests, Results
Treatment Options for Breast Cancer

 

More from About.com

Disney Trip Planner
Everything you need to plan the perfect Disney vacation -- from when to go and what to do, to saving money and picking a hotel. More >

Join About.com's User Panel!
Share your opinions and help us make make About.com more relevant, informative and enjoyable to use. More>


This newsletter is written by:
Pam Stephan
Breast Cancer Guide
Email Me | My Blog | My Forum
 
Sign up for more free newsletters on your favorite topics
You are receiving this newsletter because you subscribed to the About Breast Cancer newsletter. If you wish to change your email address or unsubscribe, please click here.

About respects your privacy: Our Privacy Policy

Contact Information:
249 West 17th Street
New York, NY, 10011

© 2010 About.com
 


Reader to Reader
My Breast Biopsy Choice
My Favorite Snappy Comebacks
When Am I a Survivor?

Advertisement

Nema komentara:

Objavi komentar