ponedjeljak, 22. ožujka 2010.

About Low Carb Diets: Why Maintaining Weight Loss is Difficult

If you can't see this email, click here

About.com

Low Carb Diets

Getting Started

Health and Nutrition

Recipes



From Laura Dolson, your Guide to Low Carb Diets
I've been observing people lose and regain weight for over 30 years now. I've sat in support groups and analyzed my "emotional eating" and my various issues with weight. Finding low-carb eating was a boon to my health, and I have maintained a weight loss - just not a very large one. This week, I'm showing you a piece of research that ties together some of the threads about this issue - our hormones, our brains, and our behavior. I think you'll find it interesting. Have a great week! Laura

Weight Loss Maintenance, Emotional Eating, Etc.
Do we eat more emotionally after weight loss? What's happening in our brains and our hormones that may be contributing to this? Also, make sure you read the comment section, where a reader named ravenrose talks about her observations about what makes for successful weight loss maintenance. Add your comments, or join the discussion on our Forum about this important issue.

Greens for Spring!
Have you heard of a CSA? That stands for "Community-Supported Agriculture" and it's basically a subscription to a local farm. Every week I get a box of whatever produce is ready for harvest at that time - and at this time of year, it's all about the greens! I find that eating a lot of greens helps keep my fasting blood glucose lower, so I'm loading up! Here's why lots of greens are good for us, with links to recipes.

What Are Net Carbs?
A carb is a carb is a carb, right? If this is so, then why do some products marketed to low carb eaters have one number on the "Nutrition Facts" panel, and a much lower number labeled "Net Carbs," "Net Atkins Count," or something similar, prominently displayed on the front of the label?

What I Test My Blood Sugar
It's obvious why a diabetic should test their blood sugar, but as a pre-diabetic I am determined not get let this get any further! Here are the benefits I find to keeping on top of what's going on with my blood glucose.

 


Low Carb Diets Ads
Featured Articles
Carb Counts in Common Foods
Low-Carb Recipes
Popular Low Carb Diet Plans
The Science of Low-Carb Diets
Low Carb Diet Products
Low-Carb Health and Nutrition

 

More from About.com

Disney Trip Planner
Everything you need to plan the perfect Disney vacation -- from when to go and what to do, to saving money and picking a hotel. More >

Join About.com's User Panel!
Share your opinions and help us make make About.com more relevant, informative and enjoyable to use. More>


This newsletter is written by:
Laura Dolson
Low Carb Diets Guide
Email Me | My Blog | My Forum
 
Sign up for more free newsletters on your favorite topics
You are receiving this newsletter because you subscribed to the About Low Carb Diets newsletter. If you wish to change your email address or unsubscribe, please click here.

About respects your privacy: Our Privacy Policy

Contact Information:
249 West 17th Street
New York, NY, 10011

© 2010 About.com
 

Advertisement

Nema komentara:

Objavi komentar