srijeda, 10. ožujka 2010.

About Dermatology: Vitamin D and Sunscreen

If you can't see this email, click here

About.com

Dermatology

Conditions

Treatments

Skin Care



From Heather Brannon, MD, your Guide to Dermatology
Vitamin D, or the lack of it, has been on my mind lately because I just found out my Vitamin D level is low. The funny thing is I should have expected it would be low. I wear sunscreen every day and I work inside almost every day. Of course my Vitamin D is low.

Lately, I've started checking Vitamin D levels in my patients and many of them are low also. I've had to reference these Vitamin D articles many times because I feel like they succinctly outline what people need to know.

Of course this week's newsletter is all about Vitamin D and sun safety.


Vitamin D & Sunscreen
The main source of Vitamin D for humans is sunlight, but UV exposure increases the risk for skin cancer. This article defines the controversy between getting Vitamin D from sunlight vs. using sunscreen regularly

Vitamin D Sources
You can get vitamin D from a variety of sources, including foods, supplements in pill and liquid form and sunshine. Save yourself from skin cancer, and get your vitamin D from one of these dietary sources.

How to Be Safe in the Sun
Exposure to UV radiation causes photoaging, wrinkles and dark spots, and 90% of skin cancers. These measures will help minimize your exposure to the sun's damaging rays protecting you from skin cancer and helping you have younger looking skin.

How to do a Skin Self-Exam
These pictures show the difference between normal moles and skin cancer. Go step-by-step through the ABCD's of abnormal moles.

 


Dermatology Ads
Featured Articles
Know Your UV Index
All About Skin Cancer
Skin Cancer Risk Factors
How to Apply Sunscreen

 

More from About.com

Share Your Dog's Tale
Share your tale of what it's like to live with a specific breed of dog - or even a mutt. Your submission will help prospective owners decide what dog breed is right for them. More >

Reader's Choice Tech Awards
Learn what apps, smartphones, email clients, and more were chosen by About.com readers as their favorites. More>


This newsletter is written by:
Heather Brannon, MD
Dermatology Guide
Email Me | My Blog | My Forum
 
Sign up for more free newsletters on your favorite topics
You are receiving this newsletter because you subscribed to the About Dermatology newsletter. If you wish to change your email address or unsubscribe, please click here.

About respects your privacy: Our Privacy Policy

Contact Information:
249 West 17th Street
New York, NY, 10011

© 2010 About.com
 


Must Reads
Skin Care 101
Help, I have a rash!
Skin Diseases 101
Do I Need a Dermatologist?
Top 10 Skin Myths

Advertisement

Nema komentara:

Objavi komentar