utorak, 29. siječnja 2013.

About Bipolar Disorder: Genetics of Bipolar Denied - WRONG

If you can't see this email, click here

About.com

Bipolar Disorder

Symptoms/Diagnosis

Treatment

Coping/Support



From Marcia Purse, your Guide to Bipolar Disorder
My apologies for the errors in last week's newsletter; I was in the hospital (unrelated to bipolar) and typing on my laptop. I didn't feel well and my wireless mouse didn't work, so I had to use the touchpad, which drives me batty. I hope nobody was too confused, even though I said bipolar II depression symptoms can be just as severe as bipolar 2. Really, that second mention was supposed to be bipolar 1. *blush*

Genetics and Mental Illness
Anti-psychiatry groups claim there is "no genetic cause for mental illness." Uh, sorry, guys, but there IS. See why their "quick fact" is really a "quack fact."
Read more

Manic Depression to Bipolar Disorder
In some countries outside the United States, the term "manic depression" is still widely used. For example, when I was researching Amy Winehouse after her sudden death, I found her described as "manic depressive" in the British press. So why bipolar disorder?
Read more

Bipolar Depression Symptoms
My current depressive episode has been characterized by unprecedented social withdrawal. I even turned off my IMs because I didn't want to talk to anybody. This behavior is one of the symptoms that falls under the heading of "Changes in Activity in Energy Levels" in bipolar depression.
Read more
Search Related Topics:  depression symptoms  lethargy  insomnia

Causes of Bipolar Disorder
While the exact cause of bipolar disorder (manic depression) has yet to be determined, there is a great deal of scientific evidence that indicates a chemical imbalance in the brain. As for what causes this imbalance, there are a number of viable theories, which center on a combination of heredity and environmental triggers.
Read more

 


Related Searches
Featured Articles
Family Issues
Coping & Support Resources for Bipolar Disorder
Forms of Bipolar Disorder
Treatment Options for Bipolar Disorder
About Bipolar Disorder on Facebook
Follow on Twitter

 

More from About.com

The Perfect Engagement Ring
How to find a gorgeous ring with a style and price that suit your needs. Read more...>



Best U.S. Destinations
Experts pick the top U.S. destinations for 2013 based on budget, special events, and more. Read more...>




This newsletter is written by:
Marcia Purse
Bipolar Disorder Guide
Email Me | My Blog | My Forum
 
Sign up for more free newsletters on your favorite topics
You are receiving this newsletter because you subscribed to the About.com Bipolar Disorder newsletter. If you wish to change your email address or unsubscribe, please click here.

About.com respects your privacy: Our Privacy Policy

Contact Information:
1500 Broadway, 6th Floor
New York, NY, 10036

© 2012 About.com
 


Must Reads
What Is Bipolar Disorder?
Symptoms of Bipolar Disorder
Diagnosis of Bipolar Disorder
Treatment of Bipolar Disorder
Our Community for Bipolar Disorder
 
Follow me on:
Facebook Twitter

Advertisement

Nema komentara:

Objavi komentar