ponedjeljak, 14. siječnja 2013.

About Exercise: Challenge of the Week: Break All the Rules

If you can't see this email, click here

About.com

Exercise

Lose Weight With Exercise

Workouts

Exercises By Muscle Group



From Paige Waehner, your Guide to Exercise

There are so many 'rules' to exercise. First, there are the rules 'They' come up with - Like you have to workout for 60 minutes most days of the week at a moderate blah blah blah.

Then we have the rules we make up for ourselves. Like, here's one of mine: I have to workout at the gym every Monday. Not only that, but I have to workout on the elliptical trainer. Why do I have this rule? I'm not exactly sure. It probably served a purpose for me at one time but, now, it makes me feel a little trapped on those Monday mornings when it's 10 degrees and working out in my cozy little basement makes more sense.

What rules do you have for your workouts and what would happen if you broken them? Would someone call the police? Would it go on your Permanent Record? Maybe it's time to take a walk on the wild side.


Challenge of the Week: Break All Your Rules
Most of us are pretty comfy in our workout routines and, if you're like me, you don't usually make much of an effort to change things up unless you absolutely... Read more
Search Related Topics:  challenge  exercise variety  changing your workouts

Workout of the Week - Crowded Gym Workout
Oh dear. That's the nice version of what I was actually thinking when I showed up at the gym this past Monday and saw more people than I have... Read more

Reader Question of the Week: How to Stay Motivated Through Injuries or Illness
Last year, I asked my readers what they wanted to know about exercise and I got some great responses. One question, posed by Reader Teresa, really got my attention because... Read more

Vote: Are you making resolutions?
Making New Year's Resolutions that we know we'll struggle to keep come February is an American tradition. For example, one year, I made a promise (which sounds less serious than resolution) to become an enthusiastic and proficient cook...Read more
Search Related Topics:  new year's resolutions  2013  how to lose weight

 


Related Searches
Featured Articles
Functional Core Workout
Making Winter Exercise Easier
Exercise for Skiing
Is Your Child Obese?
Calorie Calculators for Weight Loss
Reframing for Stress Relief

 

More from About.com

The Perfect Engagement Ring
How to find a gorgeous ring with a style and price that suit your needs. Read more...>



Best U.S. Destinations
Experts pick the top U.S. destinations for 2013 based on budget, special events, and more. Read more...>




This newsletter is written by:
Paige Waehner
Exercise Guide
Email Me | My Blog | My Forum
 
Sign up for more free newsletters on your favorite topics
You are receiving this newsletter because you subscribed to the About.com Exercise newsletter. If you wish to change your email address or unsubscribe, please click here.

About.com respects your privacy: Our Privacy Policy

Contact Information:
1500 Broadway, 6th Floor
New York, NY, 10036

© 2012 About.com
 


Must Reads
Exercise Basics
Exercise for Beginners
Exercise for Weight Loss
Weight Loss Success Stories
Exercise Gear
 
Follow me on:
Facebook Twitter

Advertisement

Nema komentara:

Objavi komentar