ponedjeljak, 7. siječnja 2013.

About Exercise: Do You Need to Go Easy On Yourself?

If you can't see this email, click here

About.com

Exercise

Lose Weight With Exercise

Workouts

Exercises By Muscle Group



From Paige Waehner, your Guide to Exercise

"I'm ready for my punishment."

That's what my first client of the new year said when I showed up for her first post-holiday workout. "I won't even tell you all the crap I've been eating or all the workouts I haven't been doing. Just tell me how many pushups I have to do to redeem myself."

When a client actually requests pushups, I know things are bad.

Most of my clients have said similar things in the past few days, yet almost all of them are so exhausted from the holiday craziness that they probably wouldn't be able to complete one good pushup, much less a whole bunch of them. I'd much rather my clients be healthy and fit before I torture them. It's much more fun for me that way.

If you're feeling the same way, it may be a good idea to take time to regroup. Maybe some brisk walks, relaxing stretches or more moderate activities. You can always torture yourself when you're back to full speed, right?


Do You Need to Go Easy On Yourself?
As I was sitting down to write this blog post, having officially Gotten Back to Work, I had a strange thought: I don't have time to figure out what... Read more

Lesson of the Week: Is the Past Holding You Back?
We may be focused on the future as we transition to a new year, but the past often comes back on us no matter what we do. In fact,... Read more
Search Related Topics:  ruminating  past mistakes  staying in the present

4-Week Jumpstart Workout Program
In yesterday's New Year's post, I mentioned a new program I put together for the new year. I wanted to go into a little more detail about this program... Read more

How to Lose Weight
At it's most basic, losing weight is about burning more calories than you eat. That seems simple enough, but if were really that simple, none of us would have a weight problem. Too often we take drastic measures to see results...Read more

 


Related Searches
Featured Articles
Gym Etiquette
How to Navigate the Gym
Beginner Workouts
Do We Need Fewer Calories As We Age?
Can Foods Help with Menopause?
How to Live Longer for Men

 

More from About.com

The Perfect Engagement Ring
How to find a gorgeous ring with a style and price that suit your needs. Read more...>



Best U.S. Destinations
Experts pick the top U.S. destinations for 2013 based on budget, special events, and more. Read more...>




This newsletter is written by:
Paige Waehner
Exercise Guide
Email Me | My Blog | My Forum
 
Sign up for more free newsletters on your favorite topics
You are receiving this newsletter because you subscribed to the About.com Exercise newsletter. If you wish to change your email address or unsubscribe, please click here.

About.com respects your privacy: Our Privacy Policy

Contact Information:
1500 Broadway, 6th Floor
New York, NY, 10036

© 2012 About.com
 


Must Reads
Exercise Basics
Exercise for Beginners
Exercise for Weight Loss
Weight Loss Success Stories
Exercise Gear
 
Follow me on:
Facebook Twitter

Advertisement

Nema komentara:

Objavi komentar