srijeda, 17. srpnja 2013.

About Breast Cancer: After Breast Surgery, Keep Moving

If you can't see this email, click here

About

Breast Cancer

Symptoms / Diagnosis

Treatment

Daily Life



From Pam Stephan, your Guide to Breast Cancer
After my mastectomy, weird things started to happen with my surgery-side shoulder. Because I didn't move around more, I had to learn so many new exercise moves!

Arm Exercises After Breast Surgery
The first sign that something was wrong was this: I could no longer reach back and hook up my bra. My shoulder would not cooperate and my elbow would not work right. It stayed that way, until my second oncologist sent me to physical therapy!

Do Your Arm Exercises After Breast Surgery
Here's a tutorial with 8 arm exercises you can do - these will help prevent frozen shoulder, or help you recover from it, after breast surgery. I'm telling you, these moves work! Doing the exercise is much easier than having shoulder surgery.
Search Related Topics:  arm exercises  breast surgery  lymphedema

Arm Lymphedema Exercises
Since I had to have a sentinel node biopsy, I was at risk for my arm swelling, or lymphedema. Here are some seated, standing, and floor exercises that will help your lymph nodes drain properly. You could also seek out a trained therapist who does Lymphatic Drainage Massage. But you can do exercises anytime, no appointment required!
Search Related Topics:  arm lymphedema  exercises  free weights

Fitness and Breast Cancer
Once your arms and shoulders are limbered up again, consider sticking to a regular plan of exercise. You can improve your bone density, energy levels, circulation, and mood. The best benefit is that exercise lowers your risk of recurrence.

 


Related Searches
Featured Articles
Risk and Prevention
Newly Diagnosed - What You Need to Know Before Starting Treatment
Is It Breast Cancer? - Diagnosis, Tests, Results
Treatment Options for Breast Cancer
Support and Resources - During and After Treatment
Life During Treatment - Self Care, Side Effects, Reconstruction

 

More from About.com

Run Your First 5K
Even couch potatoes can be ready for a 5K with just a couple months of training. Read more...>



Help! I'm Too Busy
Time and stress management tips to help you feel as though you have more time. Read more...>




This newsletter is written by:
Pam Stephan
Breast Cancer Guide
Email Me | My Blog | My Forum
 
Sign up for more free newsletters on your favorite topics
You are receiving this newsletter because you subscribed to the About.com Breast Cancer newsletter. If you wish to change your email address or unsubscribe, please click here.

About.com respects your privacy: Our Privacy Policy

Contact Information:
1500 Broadway, 6th Floor
New York, NY, 10036

© 2013 About.com
 


Must Reads
What is Breast Cancer?
Symptoms of Breast Cancer
Diagnosis of Breast Cancer
Treatments for Breast Cancer
Preventing Breast Cancer
 
Follow me on:
Facebook Twitter

Advertisement

Nema komentara:

Objavi komentar