srijeda, 29. kolovoza 2012.

About Breast Cancer: Surviving Stage 2

If you can't see this email, click here

About.com

Breast Cancer

Symptoms / Diagnosis

Treatment

Daily Life



From Pam Stephan, your Guide to Breast Cancer
Since I was stuck with having breast cancer, I wanted to have something "easy" like Stage 0 or Stage 1. I was a Cancer Virgin, with much to learn. I wound up with Stage 2, but I survived anyway.

Stage 2 Breast Cancer is Complicated but Survivable
My journey started with a shy breast lump that took it's own sweet time to grow - until it turned into a 2cm lump. Yuck! I suddenly became an angry cancer patient. But that made me start doing my own health research. Learn more about your own diagnosis - it really helps you get through the treatment process.
See More About:  stage 2  breast cancer  chemo

Having a Lumpectomy
I arrived at my surgeon's office with a bag of cotton balls. I handed these to my surgeon before he did my lumpectomy, and said, "Here, show me how much tissue you're going to remove." He kindly squeezed two balls together and explained where he was going to start working. Strangely enough I felt better and worse, at the same time.

Getting Your Comprehensive Diagnosis
Did the Devil invent cancer? I guess so, since they say, "the devil is in the details," and there are so many details included in a cancer diagnosis that it's worse than trying to figure your odds in Las Vegas at the craps tables. Gathering up all the factors that make up your diagnosis can be mind-boggling, but it has to be done.
See More About:  breast cancer diagnosis  treatment 

Life After Treatment, Recovery, Hair and Skin Care, Changes
You completed treatment, now what do you do? Read about living in remission, having regular oncology checkups, making progress during recovery. Rebuild your health and take care of your chemo curls and dry skin. Take charge of changing your diet, start doing regular exercise, take your follow-up medications. How you can make life changes, and how you can give back to the cancer community.

 


Breast Cancer Ads
Featured Articles
Decode Medical Terms - Breast Cancer Glossary
Breast Cancer Basics - Definition, Types, Survival Statistics
Risk and Prevention
Newly Diagnosed - What You Need to Know Before Starting Treatment
Is It Breast Cancer? - Diagnosis, Tests, Results
Treatment Options for Breast Cancer

 

More from About.com

Free Children's Books
How would you like to have access to a free online public library of books from around the world for kids 3 to 13? Read more...>



Best Water Parks
Better pack your bathing suit -- here are our recommendations for the funnest, wettest, splashiest water parks around. Read more...>




This newsletter is written by:
Pam Stephan
Breast Cancer Guide
Email Me | My Blog | My Forum
 
Sign up for more free newsletters on your favorite topics
You are receiving this newsletter because you subscribed to the About.com Breast Cancer newsletter. If you wish to change your email address or unsubscribe, please click here.

About.com respects your privacy: Our Privacy Policy

Contact Information:
249 West 17th Street
New York, NY, 10011

© 2012 About.com
 


Reader's Survior Stories
Two-Year Survivor
Two-Time Survivor
Inspired By My Son
 
Follow me on:
Facebook Twitter

Advertisement

Nema komentara:

Objavi komentar