petak, 3. kolovoza 2012.

About Low Carb Diets: Summer Vegetables

If you can't see this email, click here

About.com

Low Carb Diets

Getting Started

Health and Nutrition

Recipes



From Laura Dolson, your Guide to Low Carb Diets
I love this time of year, when the weekly bag of vegetables (CSA) I get from a farm near me begins to fill up with tomatoes, eggplant, peppers -- and, of course, lots of different kinds of squash. Take advantage of all the summer vegetables your locale has to offer! Laura

Summer Vegetables Casserole
This is actually named "Italian Squash Casserole", but these days I hardly ever stick to the original recipe. I throw in almost every summer vegetable, including greens, that I have around. (Spicy peppers are a nice touch.) I also have a version with yellow summer squash and green chiles that comes out similar to a corn casserole.

Mom's Prize-Winning Zucchini Casserole
My mother's original of this zucchini casserole won an award in the 1960's - we had a plaque hanging in our kitchen. I've decarbed it, but the flavors are all there!
See More About:  low carb vegetables  cooking vegetables 

Mediterranean Summer Vegetables
Nothing says "August" to me like cooking up a mix of farm-fresh eggplant, tomatoes, peppers, and squash. This is similar to a ratatouille.
See More About:  low carb vegetables  cooking vegetables 

BLT Lettuce Wrap
For 10 months of the year, I ignore what passes for tomatoes in the store, and on restaurant salads. But it's August! Time for BLT's - but no need for bread!

 


Low Carb Diets Ads
Featured Articles
More Vegetable Recipes
Salads and Salad Dressings
Low-Carb Vegetable Video
Low-Carb Vegetable List
Tips for Easy Vegetables
All Laura's Low-Carb Recipes

 

More from About.com

Free Children's Books
How would you like to have access to a free online public library of books from around the world for kids 3 to 13? Read more...>



Best Water Parks
Better pack your bathing suit -- here are our recommendations for the funnest, wettest, splashiest water parks around. Read more...>




This newsletter is written by:
Laura Dolson
Low Carb Diets Guide
Email Me | My Blog | My Forum
 
Sign up for more free newsletters on your favorite topics
You are receiving this newsletter because you subscribed to the About.com Low Carb Diets newsletter. If you wish to change your email address or unsubscribe, please click here.

About.com respects your privacy: Our Privacy Policy

Contact Information:
249 West 17th Street
New York, NY, 10011

© 2012 About.com
 


Must Reads
6 Steps for the Beginner
How to Get Through the First Week
Low-Carb Food Pyramid
Top 10 Low Carb Mistakes
How to Cut Carbs
 
Follow me on:
Facebook Twitter

Advertisement

Nema komentara:

Objavi komentar