srijeda, 19. lipnja 2013.

About Breast Cancer: Free Genes and a Celebrity Dust-up!

If you can't see this email, click here

About

Breast Cancer

Symptoms / Diagnosis

Treatment

Daily Life



From Pam Stephan, your Guide to Breast Cancer
It's been a busy week in the news. The Supreme Court declared our genes free from patent. A rock star called a movie star "fearful" for having a double mastectomy. As Gilda Radner said, "It's always something!"

Melissa Etheridge Sings Out About Angelina Jolie's Choice
You've probably seen the headlines that imply some nasty name-calling between Melissa Etheridge, a survivor of breast cancer, and Angelina Jolie, who recently took action to avoid breast cancer. Did you know that they both have a genetic mutation in common? Read on, as I dish the story on this one!
Search Related Topics:  breast cancer  mastectomy  chemotherapy

Supreme Court Rules: No BRCA Gene Patent
Since we're discussing genetic mutations, you'll be glad to know that Myriad Genetics no longer owns the patent on your genes. That's right! Your genes belong to you now! I'm so relieved, but I hadn't planned on letting Myriad do anything with me anyway. What does the Supreme Court decision mean for you and me? It's actually good news.
Search Related Topics:  genetic testing  breast cancer  risk factors

Mastectomy or Lumpectomy - 10 Questions to Help You Decide
My breast biopsy was my very first surgery ever. After that, my surgeon wanted me to choose between a mastectomy or a lumpectomy. How was I to know what to do? Turns out, I wound up having both. But perhaps if I had asked the right questions, I could have avoided having extra trips to the hospital.
Search Related Topics:  mastectomy  lumpectomy  breast cancer surgery

Risk and Prevention
Know your risk of getting breast cancer. What are the factors you can't control, and what are factors you can control? 10 ways to reduce your risk of breast cancer. How to do your breast self-exam. Reasons to have an annual mammogram, what to expect, and how to prepare.

 


Related Searches
Featured Articles
Newly Diagnosed - What You Need to Know Before Starting Treatment
Is It Breast Cancer? - Diagnosis, Tests, Results
Treatment Options for Breast Cancer
Support and Resources - During and After Treatment
Life During Treatment - Self Care, Side Effects, Reconstruction
Life After Treatment, Recovery, Hair and Skin Care, Changes

 

More from About.com

Run Your First 5K
Even couch potatoes can be ready for a 5K with just a couple months of training. Read more...>



Help! I'm Too Busy
Time and stress management tips to help you feel as though you have more time. Read more...>




This newsletter is written by:
Pam Stephan
Breast Cancer Guide
Email Me | My Blog | My Forum
 
Sign up for more free newsletters on your favorite topics
You are receiving this newsletter because you subscribed to the About.com Breast Cancer newsletter. If you wish to change your email address or unsubscribe, please click here.

About.com respects your privacy: Our Privacy Policy

Contact Information:
1500 Broadway, 6th Floor
New York, NY, 10036

© 2013 About.com
 


Tell Me About It
Send in Your Survivor Story
Review a Breast Cancer App
Define a Survivor
 
Follow me on:
Facebook Twitter

Advertisement

Nema komentara:

Objavi komentar