srijeda, 19. lipnja 2013.

About Low Fat Cooking: Summer Fruit

If you can't see this email, click here

About

Low Fat Cooking

Low Fat Living

Easy Recipes

Seasonal Recipes



From Fiona Haynes, your Guide to Low Fat Cooking
I had so much fun perusing the local farmers market this weekend. While my daughters wandered off to look at handcrafted earrings and lavender-infused soaps, I walked around the produce stalls comparing the bunches of asparagus, the heads of lettuce, the piles of dark cherries, and the mounds of fuzzy peaches. I walked around many times before homing in on my chosen fruits and vegetables. My favorite purchase this week was my big bag of Chelan cherries. After we all sampled a large number of them, I finally used my cherry stash to make a yummy cherry pie filling.

Easy Cherry Pie Filling
As with many seasonal fruits, the cherry season is all-too short-lived. Living in the Pacific Northwest, I have easy access to Rainier, Chelan and Bing cherries, so I know I am spoiled. Here's a great way to extend the cherry season: by making quantities of cherry-pie filling that can also serve as a warm compote or sauce.
Search Related Topics:  cherry recipes  compote recipes  fruit recipes

Roasted Plums
This is a simple but delicious summer dessert of roasted plums with cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg. Enjoy with a scoop of low fat or fat free vanilla frozen yogurt.

Low Fat Lemon Curd
Traditional lemon curd is high in fat and calories but you can make a lighter version that is tangy, delicious, arguably almost as luscious.
Search Related Topics:  lemon curd recipes  fruit recipes  condiments

Lighter Blueberry Coffee Cake
I would often treat myself to a piece of coffee cake with my morning latte but I soon realized this was a habit I needed to break, and not just because of the expense. So for those times when I would like a sweet treat to accompany my home-brewed coffee, here's a lighter coffee cake filled with plump blueberries.
Search Related Topics:  blueberry recipes  low fat baking  low fat cakes

 


Related Searches
Featured Articles
Asparagus 101
Peach Tarts
Avocado, Bean and Corn Salsa
Strawberry Rhubarb Compote
Chickpea and Tomato Salad
Making Low Fat Burgers

 

More from About.com

Run Your First 5K
Even couch potatoes can be ready for a 5K with just a couple months of training. Read more...>



Help! I'm Too Busy
Time and stress management tips to help you feel as though you have more time. Read more...>




This newsletter is written by:
Fiona Haynes
Low Fat Cooking Guide
Email Me | My Blog | My Forum
 
Sign up for more free newsletters on your favorite topics
You are receiving this newsletter because you subscribed to the About.com Low Fat Cooking newsletter. If you wish to change your email address or unsubscribe, please click here.

About.com respects your privacy: Our Privacy Policy

Contact Information:
1500 Broadway, 6th Floor
New York, NY, 10036

© 2013 About.com
 


Must Reads
Good Fats, Bad Fats
20 Ways to Cut Fat in Cooking
The Low Fat Kitchen
Low Fat Recipe Ideas
Low Fat on a Budget
 
Follow me on:
Facebook Twitter

Advertisement

Nema komentara:

Objavi komentar