utorak, 6. srpnja 2010.

About Bipolar Disorder: Bipolar Depression and Housecleaning - Coping Tips

If you can't see this email, click here

About.com

Bipolar Disorder

Symptoms / Diagnosis

Treatment

Coping and Support



From Marcia Purse, your Guide to Bipolar Disorder
I'm giving a housewarming party this Saturday, and ye gods what a time I'm having getting ready. A good year of depression symptoms from both physical illness and bipolar disorder left my house in chaos. I thought giving this party would get me to start cleaning up well ahead of time. Tell that to my depression. So now I'm scrambling. Wish I'd paid more attention to the ideas and resources I've gathered here.

Depressed? Help for Housecleaning
During a depressive episode, housecleaning is often one of the first responsibilities to be abandoned. I've put together some time-tested tips from my own experience and readers' suggestions that I hope will help you when you when you're depressed - and your messy house is depressing you more.

Share Your Tips for Cleaning When Depressed
Some things to share might be:
* Tips for specific tasks
* Tips that help you get started
* Things that keep you going
* Jobs that make a difference to your mood
* Tasks that make the most difference to your house
or anything that you find helps you make progress on cleaning your house or keeping it clean while you're dealing with depression.

Share Your Story: How I Get Going During Depression
Coping with depression when you can barely get yourself out of bed is extremely difficult. Yet being active when you're stuck, being productive when you feel you can't get started, can make a big difference. What ways have you found to get yourself moving when you have no energy, drive or initiative? Share your tips.

What Makes You Notice Depression?
One of the key things that tells me I'm depressed IS that my housekeeping gets worse. Another is that I start mindlessly playing solitaire or YoVille for hours on end. What about you? What makes you notice that you are depressed?

 


Bipolar Disorder Ads
Featured Articles
Are You Conditioned to Depression?
Success! Got My Degree!
What Does "Medication Half-Life" Mean to You?
What Is Cyclothymia?
About Bipolar Disorder on Facebook
Follow on Twitter

 

More from About.com

Plan a Unique Vegas Wedding
The minister, music and champagne are just the beginning -- why not get married aboard a helicopter or have a pirate swing in to deliver your rings? Arrrr! More>



Join About.com's User Panel!
Share your opinions and help us make About.com more relevant, informative and enjoyable to use. More>




This newsletter is written by:
Marcia Purse
Bipolar Disorder Guide
Email Me | My Blog | My Forum
 
Sign up for more free newsletters on your favorite topics
You are receiving this newsletter because you subscribed to the About Bipolar Disorder newsletter. If you wish to change your email address or unsubscribe, please click here.

About respects your privacy: Our Privacy Policy

Contact Information:
249 West 17th Street
New York, NY, 10011

© 2010 About.com
 


What We're Talking About
Enough Already!
Mania - hurting the people we love
A little about me

Advertisement

Nema komentara:

Objavi komentar