ponedjeljak, 12. srpnja 2010.

About Exercise: Exercise Challenge of the Week - Find Your Focus

If you can't see this email, click here

About.com

Exercise

Weight Loss Basics

Strength and Cardio Workouts

Exercises By Muscle Group



From Paige Waehner, your Guide to Exercise
If you've ever tried to distract yourself from a workout, you're certainly not alone. Most of us put on headphones, plant ourselves in front of a TV or even read books, just to get our minds off whatever we're doing.

While it's okay to do that from time to time, you can actually get a better workout when you pay attention. It's not always easy to do, but shutting off the distractions and thinking about your exercises can give you a whole new appreciation for your body. You can test out this theory by taking the challenge - or you can do what my clients do and call me names under your breath. Or, if you're a multi-tasker, you can do both. Enjoy and have a great week!


Exercise Challenge of the Week - Find Your Focus
The other day I was working out at the gym and I caught myself doing about 10 things to distract myself from my boring treadmill workout. Not only was... Read more

Post-Holiday Recovery - Recommit to Your Workouts
From Monday's poll, I can see that many of you spent the weekend doing what I did - snarfing down everything in sight. The worst part about a holiday like... Read more

What's Your Favorite Heart Rate Monitor?
I was at the gym the other day when something disastrous happened. I was in the middle of my workout when I looked down at my heart rate monitor... Read more

Vote: Did you go overboard over the 4th of July?
The 4th of July is one of my favorite holidays and not just because of the endless supply of beer and barbecue (although that's a nice plus). Not only do we get to celebrate our independence, we get a day off to go outside and play...Read more

 


Exercise Ads
Featured Articles
What's Your Body Image?
Should you be sore after every workout?
Why You Should Lift Weights
How to Treat Heat Exhaustion
22 Ways to Get the Kids Out of the House
Treadmill Bargains

 

More from About.com

Plan a Unique Vegas Wedding
The minister, music and champagne are just the beginning -- why not get married aboard a helicopter or have a pirate swing in to deliver your rings? Arrrr! More>



Join About.com's User Panel!
Share your opinions and help us make About.com more relevant, informative and enjoyable to use. More>




This newsletter is written by:
Paige Waehner
Exercise Guide
Email Me | My Blog | My Forum
 
Sign up for more free newsletters on your favorite topics
You are receiving this newsletter because you subscribed to the About Exercise newsletter. If you wish to change your email address or unsubscribe, please click here.

About respects your privacy: Our Privacy Policy

Contact Information:
249 West 17th Street
New York, NY, 10011

© 2010 About.com
 


Must Reads
Exercise Basics
Exercise for Beginners
Exercise for Weight Loss
Weight Loss Success Stories
Exercise Gear

Advertisement

Nema komentara:

Objavi komentar