srijeda, 14. srpnja 2010.

About Breast Cancer: Working Through Treatment and Recovery

If you can't see this email, click here

About.com

Breast Cancer

Symptoms / Diagnosis

Treatment

Daily Life



From Pam Stephan, your Guide to Breast Cancer
When I was diagnosed with breast cancer, I really worried about losing my job - after all, my health insurance was one of my benefits! That was before I learned my workplace rights.

Taking Care of Business While Taking Care Of Your Health
You have enough to deal with once you've been diagnosed, but if you're working, you have additional issues to consider. Please benefit from my mistakes - do your homework first and be sure you know your rights and responsibilities. There's legal protection for you and your health insurance, even if you are laid off.

Breaking Your News to Your Boss
I was really nervous about telling my boss about the results of my biopsy. Turns out she had been through a wire localization and biopsy just a year before me. She had already mastered the twists and turns of the sick leave pool and dealing with insurance.

Talking to Your Coworkers about Your Breast Cancer
It was hard to tell my co-workers about my diagnosis. But they rallied to my support, formed a prayer group, kept me company, loaned me their DVDs, and visited me in the hospital. Of course, one of them told too many other folks at the office, too. But there's ways to deal with that.

Save Every Receipt for Tax Time
It's a good thing that my husband and I are packrats. We saved every receipt and note and pathology report and bits of paperwork related to my treatment and diagnosis. When it came tax time, we handed all that over to the tax man to add up for deductions!

 


Breast Cancer Ads
Featured Articles
Life During Treatment - Self Care, Side Effects, Reconstruction
Life After Treatment, Recovery, Hair and Skin Care, Changes
Decode Medical Terms - Breast Cancer Glossary
Breast Cancer Basics - Definition, Types, Survival Statistics
Risk and Prevention
Newly Diagnosed - What You Need to Know Before Starting Treatment

 

More from About.com

Plan a Unique Vegas Wedding
The minister, music and champagne are just the beginning -- why not get married aboard a helicopter or have a pirate swing in to deliver your rings? Arrrr! More>



Join About.com's User Panel!
Share your opinions and help us make About.com more relevant, informative and enjoyable to use. More>




This newsletter is written by:
Pam Stephan
Breast Cancer Guide
Email Me | My Blog | My Forum
 
Sign up for more free newsletters on your favorite topics
You are receiving this newsletter because you subscribed to the About Breast Cancer newsletter. If you wish to change your email address or unsubscribe, please click here.

About respects your privacy: Our Privacy Policy

Contact Information:
249 West 17th Street
New York, NY, 10011

© 2010 About.com
 


Talk To Me About It
Remembering a Loved One
What Was Your Biopsy Choice?
Your Life Lesson From Breast Cancer

Advertisement

Nema komentara:

Objavi komentar