utorak, 28. svibnja 2013.

About Bipolar Disorder: Slow Down When Going Off Meds

If you can't see this email, click here

About

Bipolar Disorder

Symptoms/Diagnosis

Treatment

Coping/Support



From Marcia Purse, your Guide to Bipolar Disorder
I needed to find a new psychiatrist, and I put it off because it was a hassle. Finally, when I realized I was going to run out of meds, I took action and was lucky enough to find someone who could see me in just a few days. If I'd run out, it would have been my own fault - and could have been dangerous.

Faster Antidepressant Discontinuation, Faster Recurrence
A 2010 study found that patients with bipolar disorder, panic disorder and major depressive disorder who stopped taking antidepressants quickly had new episodes sooner than those who discontinued antidepressants over a longer period. Has this affected you in the past?

I'm So Sick of Taking Pills
But that's not a good reason not to take them. In the three-part article Five Bad Reasons Not to Take Meds, I look at some of the most common reasons people either refuse to take medications or stop taking them.

Stopping Medications Was a Bad Idea
Members of the About Bipolar Disorder forum tell of bad experiences with stopping meds. Problems include the return of mania or depression, severe mood changes, feeling suicidal or winding up in the hospital.

Legal Issues
Bipolar disorder (manic depression) creates a number of legal issues for both the consumer and their loved-ones. Found here are resources and information relating to these issues such as disability, insurance and involuntary commitment.

 


Related Searches
Featured Articles
Suicide
Impact on Health
Bipolar for Beginners
Celebrities and Mental Illnesses
About Bipolar Disorder on Facebook
Follow on Twitter

 

More from About.com

Run Your First 5K
Even couch potatoes can be ready for a 5K with just a couple months of training. Read more...>



Help! I'm Too Busy
Time and stress management tips to help you feel as though you have more time. Read more...>




This newsletter is written by:
Marcia Purse
Bipolar Disorder Guide
Email Me | My Blog | My Forum
 
Sign up for more free newsletters on your favorite topics
You are receiving this newsletter because you subscribed to the About.com Bipolar Disorder newsletter. If you wish to change your email address or unsubscribe, please click here.

About.com respects your privacy: Our Privacy Policy

Contact Information:
1500 Broadway, 6th Floor
New York, NY, 10036

© 2012 About.com
 


Must Reads
What Is Bipolar Disorder?
Symptoms of Bipolar Disorder
Diagnosis of Bipolar Disorder
Treatment of Bipolar Disorder
Our Community for Bipolar Disorder
 
Follow me on:
Facebook Twitter

Advertisement

Nema komentara:

Objavi komentar