ponedjeljak, 6. svibnja 2013.

About Exercise: What are you waiting for?

If you can't see this email, click here

About

Exercise

Lose Weight With Exercise

Workouts

Exercises By Muscle Group



From Paige Waehner, your Guide to Exercise

A friend and I were talking about yoga the other day, as you do, and she mentioned a new yoga class she wanted to try. I informed her that this was the third time she'd mentioned this very topic and inquired: "So, what are you waiting for?" Here's how the conversation played out:

Her: "Well, to be honest, I'm kind of a mess right now. I mean, flexibility-wise. I was thinking that maybe I should do some preliminary yoga before I go to that class, so..." [trailing off as she sees the look on my face]

Me: "You think you need to do yoga before you go to yoga?"

Her: [Long pause] "Don't tell anyone I said that."

I'm not revealing her name here, so I haven't broken my promise.

We all have reasons we put off exercise and some of them can be downright silly. If you've been putting something off, maybe that's a good question to ask yourself: What are you waiting for?


Vote: What are you waiting for?
This is a sentence I hear a lot from my clients: "As soon as [this particular event happens], I'm going to do my workouts." The as-soon-as events I've heard about cover everything...Read more
Search Related Topics:  excuses  waiting to exercise  motivation

Exercise Lesson of the Week: Do it now
On Monday, I posted a blog asking the question: What are you waiting for? Specifically, I talked about exercise and how easy it is to put it off... Read more
Search Related Topics:  waiting to exercise  excuses  motivation

Exercise of the Week: Plank on the Step
Of all the exercises my clients get to do (well...they may not describe it in exactly those terms...), planks are one of the most challenging and effective for strengthening the... Read more
Search Related Topics:  planks  ab exercises  core exercises

Fitness Roundup: Fitness Tools, Apps and More
This week's fitness roundup is short and sweet, but includes a few interesting things that have crossed my path in the past couple of weeks, including: FIT Radio App for Smartphones... Read more
Search Related Topics:  fitness apps  exercise gear  exercise equipment

 


Related Searches
Featured Articles
4 Week Jumpstart Workout Program
Step by Step Kettlebell Exercises
10 Reasons You're Not Losing Weight
Seasonal Allergies
How Many Calories Are In a Margarita?
Best Fitness Walking Shoes of 2013

 

More from About.com

10 Easy Ways to Look Thinner
Don't wait until you've lost those first pounds to make these simple, slimming changes. Read more...>



Create a Shared Photo Stream
Sharing your photo stream with friends and family is a great way to keep in touch. Read more...>




This newsletter is written by:
Paige Waehner
Exercise Guide
Email Me | My Blog | My Forum
 
Sign up for more free newsletters on your favorite topics
You are receiving this newsletter because you subscribed to the About.com Exercise newsletter. If you wish to change your email address or unsubscribe, please click here.

About.com respects your privacy: Our Privacy Policy

Contact Information:
1500 Broadway, 6th Floor
New York, NY, 10036

© 2012 About.com
 


Must Reads
Exercise Basics
Exercise for Beginners
Exercise for Weight Loss
Weight Loss Success Stories
Exercise Gear
 
Follow me on:
Facebook Twitter

Advertisement

Nema komentara:

Objavi komentar