utorak, 15. lipnja 2010.

About Bipolar Disorder: Can Bipolar Disorder Be "Prevented"?

If you can't see this email, click here

About.com

Bipolar Disorder

Symptoms / Diagnosis

Treatment

Coping and Support



From Marcia Purse, your Guide to Bipolar Disorder
There was some history of mental illness on both sides of my family. I was a much-loved first child in a harmonious home. Yet I showed signs of instability at age 6 and became depressive at age 9. Could this have been prevented, as discussed below? In my case, I don't see how: the stressors were at school, not at home.

Can Bipolar Disorder Be "Prevented"?
CNN mental health expert Dr. Charles Raison tackled this question, and his answer is thoughtful and contains good advice for parenting any child. As he admits, though, how much difference you can make is something science just doesn't know yet.

Bipolar Depression Challenge 6/15/10
I'm still challenging myself - but are you? Maybe it's because I haven't been reminding you often enough? This week I'm going to post my own goals every day and tell the world whether I met the previous day's goals. But remember - even though I set more than one goal, you only need ONE goal a day, for as little as 5 minutes of your time, to take and meet the challenge.

Did You Need It Yesterday?
Several readers have shared their strategies for controlling the problem with spending too much because of bipolar disorder. This is one of my favorites because of a set of simple questions to ask yourself before making a purchase.

No More Credit Cards!
Here's another of my favorites - containing a solution that limits spending and yet makes it more fun to spend what you can at the same time.

 


Bipolar Disorder Ads
Featured Articles
Share Your Own Spending Control Strategies
Explaining Bipolar Disorder to Others
Zoloft Drug Profile (Sertraline)
What is an SSRI?
About Bipolar Disorder on Facebook
Follow on Twitter

 

More from About.com

Plan a Unique Vegas Wedding
The minister, music and champagne are just the beginning -- why not get married aboard a helicopter or have a pirate swing in to deliver your rings? Arrrr! More>



Join About.com's User Panel!
Share your opinions and help us make About.com more relevant, informative and enjoyable to use. More>




This newsletter is written by:
Marcia Purse
Bipolar Disorder Guide
Email Me | My Blog | My Forum
 
Sign up for more free newsletters on your favorite topics
You are receiving this newsletter because you subscribed to the About Bipolar Disorder newsletter. If you wish to change your email address or unsubscribe, please click here.

About respects your privacy: Our Privacy Policy

Contact Information:
249 West 17th Street
New York, NY, 10011

© 2010 About.com
 


What We're Talking About
People Are So Effing Ignorant About BP!
Quitting School
Need People Who Understand

Advertisement

Nema komentara:

Objavi komentar