utorak, 8. lipnja 2010.

About Bipolar Disorder: Share Reckless Spending Control Strategies

If you can't see this email, click here

About.com

Bipolar Disorder

Symptoms / Diagnosis

Treatment

Coping and Support



From Marcia Purse, your Guide to Bipolar Disorder
I've never bankrupted myself due to a hypomanic spending spree, but I've sure wasted money. I go to a website looking for one pair of summer sandals and when I submit my order, I've bought five. Three pairs don't fit, but it's too much hassle to send them back, and as soon as I lose some more weight and my feet don't swell, I'm sure they will fit. Hah. So my particular problem is internet spending binges, and I haven't found a solution. This week I'm asking readers who have found solutions to share them.

Controlling Spending Sprees
How does the person suffering from the mania or hypomania of bipolar disorder rein in the tendency to reckless, excessive spending? Share your strategy for keeping spending sprees under control during manic or hypomanic episodes.

Aspirin for Schizophrenia? Study Says Yes
A study has found that aspirin helps reduce the frequency and severity of psychotic symptoms in patients with schizophrenia spectrum disorders. Will it also help psychosis in bipolar disorder?

Schizoaffective Disorder
Schizoaffective disorder has symptoms of both bipolar disorder and schizophrenia and can be hard to diagnose, as it requires monitoring over time. If this disorder is misdiagnosed as schizophrenia, the patient may not receive proper treatment.

Schizophrenia
While psychotic symptoms can be common to both Bipolar I disorder and schizophrenia, there are a lot of differences between the two conditions.

Some other schizophrenia spectrum disorders are Schizophreniform disorder, schizotypal personality disorder and delusional disorder.


 


Bipolar Disorder Ads
Featured Articles
Delusion of Reference
Delirium
Affective Flattening
Brief Reactive Psychosis
About Bipolar Disorder on Facebook
Follow on Twitter

 

More from About.com

Plan a Unique Vegas Wedding
The minister, music and champagne are just the beginning -- why not get married aboard a helicopter or have a pirate swing in to deliver your rings? Arrrr! More>



Join About.com's User Panel!
Share your opinions and help us make About.com more relevant, informative and enjoyable to use. More>




This newsletter is written by:
Marcia Purse
Bipolar Disorder Guide
Email Me | My Blog | My Forum
 
Sign up for more free newsletters on your favorite topics
You are receiving this newsletter because you subscribed to the About Bipolar Disorder newsletter. If you wish to change your email address or unsubscribe, please click here.

About respects your privacy: Our Privacy Policy

Contact Information:
249 West 17th Street
New York, NY, 10011

© 2010 About.com
 


What We're Talking About
"Normal" People Scare Me
One Step Forward - Five Back
Bipolar Depression Challenge - You Can Still Join In

Advertisement

Nema komentara:

Objavi komentar