srijeda, 23. lipnja 2010.

About Breast Cancer: Give Emotional Support For Breast Cancer Survivors

If you can't see this email, click here

About.com

Breast Cancer

Symptoms / Diagnosis

Treatment

Daily Life



From Pam Stephan, your Guide to Breast Cancer
Do you think that what goes on in your mind and heart affects your physical health? Research strongly suggests that there is a connection. Here are some ways to cope, and two opportunities to participate in surveys about stress and breast cancer, so you can help other survivors cope, too.

Register on the MAP - (Mind Affects the Physical) Project
You can give support for breast cancer survivors without spending money, doing a walk, or baking cookies. Here's how: Sign into the Breast Cancer MAP Project and answer a few questions about your cancer experience. Your privacy will be protected, and your answers will be used in a study about the emotional and social support that other survivors will need. You might change the way breast cancer is treated - for the better!

Stress and Coping with Breast Cancer and a Survey
I would swear that stress caused my breast cancer. But there's no scientific data to confirm that. However, most people agree that a diagnosis of breast cancer is guaranteed to boost your stress levels! You can learn to cope with the stress, and you can help researchers study the effects of stress. Abby Prestin, a Ph.D. student at University of California, Santa Barbara would like to hear from women between the ages of 18 and 75 who have been diagnosed with breast cancer - ever. The study was originally targeted at newly-diagnosed women, but has been extended to all survivors. Send Abby an email, take her survey, and she will send you her thanks and a $5 Amazon.com giftcard.

Breast Cancer, Body Image, and Stress
My mother told me that I was a tomboy, and I seldom felt glamorous, except for my wedding day. I never had a bosomy figure, but when breast cancer threatened to change all that, I suddenly developed body image issues like crazy. That led to stress, surgery decisions, scars and lots of tears. Turns out I was not unusual!

Reduce Stress by Keeping a Health Notebook
If you've been reading my newsletters for a while, you know that I'm an organization geek and a health info junkie. I got enough paperwork to keep a part-time secretary busy while I was in treatment for breast cancer. How did I manage all that? I made a health notebook. Here's how, why, and ways to use it.

 


Breast Cancer Ads
Featured Articles
Decode Medical Terms - Breast Cancer Glossary
Breast Cancer Basics - Definition, Types, Survival Statistics
Risk and Prevention
Newly Diagnosed - What You Need to Know Before Starting Treatment
Is It Breast Cancer? - Diagnosis, Tests, Results
Treatment Options for Breast Cancer

 

More from About.com

Plan a Unique Vegas Wedding
The minister, music and champagne are just the beginning -- why not get married aboard a helicopter or have a pirate swing in to deliver your rings? Arrrr! More>



Join About.com's User Panel!
Share your opinions and help us make About.com more relevant, informative and enjoyable to use. More>




This newsletter is written by:
Pam Stephan
Breast Cancer Guide
Email Me | My Blog | My Forum
 
Sign up for more free newsletters on your favorite topics
You are receiving this newsletter because you subscribed to the About Breast Cancer newsletter. If you wish to change your email address or unsubscribe, please click here.

About respects your privacy: Our Privacy Policy

Contact Information:
249 West 17th Street
New York, NY, 10011

© 2010 About.com
 


Hot Off My Site
Waiting for Wings - Book Review
Tell Your Tumor How You Feel About It
In Memory Of Someone You Lost to Breast Cancer

Advertisement

Nema komentara:

Objavi komentar