ponedjeljak, 28. lipnja 2010.

About Stress Management: Good Advice From You and Me

If you can't see this email, click here

About.com

Stress Management

Stress Causes

Stress Effects

Managing Stress



From Elizabeth Scott, M.S., your Guide to Stress Management
Because of the (relatively new) reader response articles on my site, I'm hearing more from readers, both in the form of questions, and as advice to other readers. This newsletter brings advice from me, as well as some of my favorite advice from readers, on the topics like caregiver stress, dealing with difficult people, and more. I hope that something here really speaks to you and your situation, and I invite you to share your own experiences and advice if you have any. Have a fantastic week! --Elizabeth

Difficult People, Good Advice!
You may have heard my advice on dealing with difficult people (and if you haven't, here it is). I'm pleased to see what great advice you readers have, too, and I've gotten a ton of it lately. Here are some of my favorite Reader Responses on difficult people, with a link for you to share your own. (I'd love to hear it!)

Avoiding Caregiver Burnout
One reader wrote: "Mother has Alzheimers and I am her sole caregiver. She is 87, no Medicare or Medicaid, so no help from anybody. I have 9 and 7 year-old grandchildren living with my husband and me. My stress level is so high that some days I drink too much and I'm also on pain pills for my bones but tend to overtake them as they give me a bit of an "up." I want to quit all of it but I can't. My mother doesn't want anybody but me with her. I would love to have some retirement time with my husband but I don't see us on our own for many years to come. I really don't know what to do. Sometimes I think of dying. Any suggestions?" Read my advice, and share your own.

Overwhelmed? Simple Steps to Stress Relief
Sometimes stress can build up to the point of feeling overwhelming, and it may seem that simple stress relief strategies aren't enough. Are they? How can one manage the stress of being overwhelmed? Here are my tips to help you stay peaceful when your life...isn't.

Readers, Respond: Share Your Best Tips
From time management to social support to self sabotage, we all deal with many of the same needs and stressors, and can learn from one another. Check over these Reader Response articles that allow you to share your experiences and advice, or to get ideas from a variety of perspectives.

 


Stress Management Ads
Featured Articles
Free Stress Tests
Time Management Advice
What Can You Learn From Your Mistakes?
Self Sabotage: How To See It and Avoid It
Routes to Forgiveness
Ongoing Tools for Stress Reduction

 

More from About.com

Plan a Unique Vegas Wedding
The minister, music and champagne are just the beginning -- why not get married aboard a helicopter or have a pirate swing in to deliver your rings? Arrrr! More>



Join About.com's User Panel!
Share your opinions and help us make About.com more relevant, informative and enjoyable to use. More>




This newsletter is written by:
Elizabeth Scott, M.S.
Stress Management Guide
Email Me | My Blog | My Forum
 
Sign up for more free newsletters on your favorite topics
You are receiving this newsletter because you subscribed to the About Stress Management newsletter. If you wish to change your email address or unsubscribe, please click here.

About respects your privacy: Our Privacy Policy

Contact Information:
249 West 17th Street
New York, NY, 10011

© 2010 About.com
 


More Ways to Get Info on Stress Relief
Join the Facebook Group
Follow Me On Twitter
Ongoing Stress Reduction Resources

Advertisement

Nema komentara:

Objavi komentar